CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Looking for help with BOXI reporting

Posted May 31, 2014 02:58 PM

SDM version 12.7.

We have a basic BOXI report that includes various fields from the call_req table.  One of those fields is the 'Group' field from the ticket.  For the over 1,000 group contact records that we have in our system, we now have a requirement to identify if the group is a 'Corporate' group or a 'Division' group, and include that field in this report.  There doesn't seem to be very many fields from the group contact that are included in the call_req table to use in this report, other than the group field and the 'group userid' field (which I'm not sure what that is, since the group contact record doesn't even show a userid field).  The field that is on the contact record that would work great for us would be the Location field, because our location table has values that would tell us if it's 'Corporate' or 'Division'.  So my question is this:  Is there a way to make the Location field on the contact record accessible from the call_req table in the universe that BOXI uses?  If not, are there any other suggestions as to how we might accomplish what we're needing to do?

Thanks everyone!

Tammy

• 2.  Re: Looking for help with BOXI reporting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 20, 2014 04:43 PM

Hi Tammy,

SDM offers an Attribute Aliases  for similar requirements.  Some help on the same is here (its 12.9 doc, but same logic applies for all of 12.x).  https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20Service%20Desk%20Manager%2012%209-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/CA_Service_Desk_Manager_Help_ENU/attr_aliases.html

Since your group has location value that you want to report against, an attribute alias like this might help:

Object Name  cr

Alias Name  group_location

Alias Value     group.location

Create a new object in your universe  in  CR Details class,     group_location  and point it to   cr.group_location.   Report against it.

_R

• 3.  Re: Looking for help with BOXI reporting

Posted Jun 21, 2014 01:40 PM

Wow, I'm not sure why I didn't get emailed about your reply --- but I just now saw this, and have created the alias in our test environment... Now to see if my reporting person knows how to add it to the universe.   Thanks a lot for the solution!   Tammy

• 4.  Re: Looking for help with BOXI reporting

Posted Jun 21, 2014 04:48 PM

Hi - I'm Joyce Lilie - I work with Tammy Zadell and I do the BOXI  reporting.  I was able to add the group_location object to our derived universe, exported the universe but I get an error message when I try to run the report query.  It says the the group_location has an invalid data type.  The data type for the object is Character.  I'm I missing a step?

Thanks

Joyce

• 5.  Re: Looking for help with BOXI reporting
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 09:44 AM

Sorry Joyce and Tammy.  I goofed up in the original recommendation.

I believe it should be something like:

Object Name  cr

Alias Name  group_location_name

Alias Value     group.location.name

Basically we need to pull the Name of location which is a character.    Just location as I suggested previously is a UUID and thats probably why the error  you obtained.

Not sure what happened to my email reply to this that was sent last evening though. 

_R

• 6.  Re: Looking for help with BOXI reporting

Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:19 PM

Hi Raghu,

Thanks that worked. I was able to create the object in the universe and I can now report on that object.

Joyce

• 7.  Re: Looking for help with BOXI reporting

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2014 02:28 PM

Glad it helped out.

Tammy, if this is resolved, may I request you to mark this as Resolved?

_R