CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  blueprint for Host file

Posted Jun 06, 2021 03:17 AM
    hi there, i need a blueprint for reading "Host" files in windows and AIX.
    is there any BluePrint available or i've to create a custom one? also any guidline for creating new blueprint

• 2.  RE: blueprint for Host file
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2021 10:57 AM
    If  i remember correctly, each OS Blueprint has that information already (ex: Windows Blueprint, AIX Blueprint, Redhat Blueprint, etc ....)
    If you do not want to discover the whole blueprint just for host file, then make a copy of the OS BP and delete everything not related to host file.  You would need to keep some indicator, the location hosts file itself as well as the configuration parsing of the host file.
    Alternatively, you can create a new blueprint, add the host file as an indicator and match the OS Blueprint on how it handles the  parsing of the host file.  This is a quicker method then copying and deleting, just because each OS blueprint has many configuration items in it, so deleting it make take some time (Other blueprints, deleting it may be quicker than creating new).  Also, creating a new one with fairly strict parameters, like the host file, is a good learning practice for building blueprints