CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  GEL Script Request | PPM Attribute Job Update | New Attribute Creation To Measure Tasks Late vs Finish Deviation

Posted May 27, 2020 05:37 AM
    Edited by mikey_gee May 27, 2020 09:07 AM

Hi All (Who can help, show there expereinced wisdom) 

PS: I'm not an experienced GEL script developer (more VBA) so if someone in this community can help produce a plug & play or a copy and paste into XOG that I can test, this would be super helpful in helping me achieve a goal of highlighting project tasks which are late vs the finish date in a graphical way. I will do my best to give you the details needed to achieve this.

Background
    I've created two additional attributes in the "task" object. One is called [Today] which is set up with a default rolling date of today and the other attribute is a calculated attribute called [Date VAR] which measures a tasks [Finish] date vs [Today] attributes current date. At the moment the [Date Var] attribute values gives me an output value of a number of days difference black positive or red for negative. (the latter in brackets). See image attached.

What do I need contextually?
    I would like to use/create another attribute called [Late vs Finish] (not yet created) which shows coloured "tick icons" based upon what the [Data VAR] fields attribute value is reflecting (which currently outputs # of days deviated vs the [finish] date, which is based upon the [Today] fields date. (note the latter attribute has to be updated manually with a new date manually every day to enable the [Date VAR] attributes values to be correct. (not sustainable across many projects I know - See part 2 of the ask.

Part 1
    What colour icon ticks would I like to show in the [Late vs Finish] attribute based upon the tasks [status] or the [Date Var] attributes values?
    Tick Colour:
    RED = <0 (# value from the [Date Var] fields value)
    Amber = 0-5 (# value from the [Date Var] fields value)
    Green = If [Status] = Complete or [% Complete] = 100%
    White = If the [Date Var] fields value is >6 and/or [Status] = Not Started or Started. (I hope this covers all possibilities)

Part 2
    I need to create/add a job that automatically updates the [Today] attributes values at 00:01am PST every night to ensure the [Today] attributes field values are always correct at the moment a new day arrives (hence the 00:01am). This job will force the [Date VAR] attribute value to update ( I assume) is always accurate. This is important because I'm using this attribute to ensure the values shown in the [Date VAR] field are correct at a point in time.

Part 3 - Before I run any provided XOG gel script
    I will need to create the [Late vs Finish] attribute but I would need to know what property values I would need to apply to ensure its appropriateness. So a screen shot would be really helpful for me to follow if possible. Remember this attribute, will be the one I want to view the coloured "Icon Ticks" in.

I assume the output will lead me to having a Job called "Late vs Finish" in the available jobs that i will need to be aware of. 

Anyway for additional info we are running 15.8 system and its a SaaS based system. 

Hopefully somebody could help :-)

See attached screen shots to support the two fields I've created already in PPM to support this request (mentioned above) and these are available in the new UX & classic UI. + some screenshots of these attributes properties.

I think whoever creates this GEL script would be super valuable to the larger community and many companies out there as long as they have set up the preconfigured attributes I've created already as a pre-req.

Cheers
    Mike

------------------------------
    MikeyGee
    Program/Portfolio Manager
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: GEL Script Request | PPM Attribute Job Update | New Attribute Creation To Measure Tasks Late vs Finish Deviation
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 28, 2020 12:43 PM
    This question is related to Clarity.
    Please re-post your question to the Clarity community page:

https://community.broadcom.com/enterprisesoftware/communities/community-home/digestviewer?communitykey=7f0cbca3-5f93-4d44-a369-1a8ce98f5578&tab=digestviewer