CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CCA AGENT consuming 100% CPU during discovery

Posted Dec 11, 2015 12:40 AM

Hello everyone .

The client is running a discovery ( agents with  blueprints) and  was detected slowness in accessing some servers. And the CCA agent is the major offender as shown in the graphs attached..

Why does it happen ? Is  there  a possible reason  why this occurs?

cca agent ofensor 1.png

cca agent ofensor 2.png

cca agent ofensor 3.png

thx

• 2.  Re: CCA AGENT consuming 100% CPU during discovery
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 11, 2015 05:34 AM

Hi,

I would suggest the following Management Profile configuration (tab 'Discovery Options'):

1) Lower the 'Agent Priority' value from 'Highest' to 'Medium': this will make the agent process have less impact on server CPU and give priority to other (more important) processes, though discovery will take more time (still, this is a discovery tool and not a critical process);

2) Set a 'Discovery Time Limit' to a limited number of minutes: don't leave it at 'Unlimited';

3) If possible set a 'File Search Depth' value which will override whatever is defined in the Management Profile's blueprints;

4) Don't check 'Follow Symbolic Links' unless you have a good reason to.

5) Don't check 'Include Network Drives' unless you have a good reason to.

Other than this, I would prefer having multiple Management Profiles with fewer blueprints and run discoveries in turn, rather than having a single MP with many blueprints.

You must never add all blueprints (or even dozens) to the MP.

If you're using custom blueprints make sure the discovery criteria is specific enough so that the agent doesn't have to scan all filesystems.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Tiago Santos

• 3.  Re: CCA AGENT consuming 100% CPU during discovery

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 11, 2015 07:10 AM

Once you confirm \ check that everything Tiago said to do (which is perfect), look at those vbs files, see if they have a common script that is being executed( my gut feeling is that it is),  If so, then we can check the blueprint that contains that script, extract that script and attempt to run it locally on that target box to see if it hangs as well and debug from there

• 4.  Re: CCA AGENT consuming 100% CPU during discovery

Posted Dec 15, 2015 07:23 AM

Thank you Adnan.

• 5.  Re: CCA AGENT consuming 100% CPU during discovery

Posted Dec 15, 2015 07:22 AM

Tiago,

Thank you very much .

I sent its recommendations to the customer and the next discovery he will use them!

thx

• 6.  Re: CCA AGENT consuming 100% CPU during discovery

Posted Dec 16, 2015 09:54 AM

Hi Carlos,

I'm glad I could be of help.

Regards,

Tiago Santos

• 7.  Re: CCA AGENT consuming 100% CPU during discovery

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 16, 2018 08:02 AM

Team work, very good!!!