CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Can CCA Agents be discovered and managed by two different CCA Servers?

Posted Sep 06, 2016 04:53 PM

My customer would like the have the CCA Production Server and the CCA Preproduction Server discover the same exact servers.  The production and pre-production CCA Servers would then run SDM Jobs to move the discovered CIs into the TWA area of the production and pre-production CMDBs.  So although both the Production and Pre-Production environments (CCA/CMDB) will discover and manage the same servers, CCA and CMDB any initial changes and development will take place within the Pre-Production environment before being moved to the Production environment.

Thanks.

Brian

• 2.  Re: Can CCA Agents be discovered and managed by two different CCA Servers?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 06, 2016 05:09 PM

Yes, as long as the agents are not in a secure state nor is the agent.conf file setup to point\listen to a single server (that is determined by the server: value in the agent.conf file)

• 3.  Re: Can CCA Agents be discovered and managed by two different CCA Servers?

Posted Sep 07, 2016 03:05 PM

I have a follow up question:  As an option, and assuming the company has more that two CCA Server environments, can you add two CCA Servers (ccaserver1 and ccaserver2) to the agent.conf file if you want them both to discover and manage the same server, or is it best to leave it blank

• 4.  Re: Can CCA Agents be discovered and managed by two different CCA Servers?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 07, 2016 03:11 PM

Only option is to leave it blank. Your choices are [one or all] on that single agent

Now, i specifically said 'single agent'.  What you can do is install a second agent on the target machine, change the listening port to a different unused port, then you can set the server setting in the configuration file that way and have 2 agents listening on 2 different ports connecting to 2 different CCA servers all discovering the same things (assuming  the blueprints\mgmt profiles are the same)

• 5.  Re: Can CCA Agents be discovered and managed by two different CCA Servers?

Posted Sep 07, 2016 03:16 PM

Very interesting.  Thanks for the input and insight Adnan.

Brian