CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Redo network discovery servers

Posted Jun 27, 2016 09:23 AM

I need to delete all servers that were discovered CCA anteriorly to remake the findings, which are a total of 6000.
    If I do through the server option actions => delete servers will be long.
    Is there a faster way to do this? What is the best practice for large deletions?
    Such deletions affect the performance of the database?

• 2.  Re:  Redo network discovery servers
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2016 09:40 AM

With Other Actions --> Delete, if you create a table view to show 900 servers a a time, that may go quicker, but the processing will take some time, but the amount of clicks would be less (If you do choose this method, please use Chrome or Firefox, not IE)

Alternatively, you can use Java SDK for CCA to tap into the delete server methods

Even deeper, what do you want to delete, just the discovered data from NDG? If so, there is a property in CCA UI --> Administration --> Configuration --> Properties --> group="ndg" --> name=" comm.attributes.prune.interval  and comm.relationships.prune.interval; .  Set those to 0 (or 1, don't remember off top of my head); this will delete everything out after 1 day (assuming you have 2 days to wait (2 because if you set it to 1 today; you have to wait to the end of day tomorrow to have the data expire and the following day, all data should be blank).  Now, if you choose to do this, you cannot set that low of a number in the UI, you will need to modify it directly in the database in a table acm_prop.  Search for the same names as those properties and can set it 0 or 1 there (I think 1), then recycle the CCA Server service

• 3.  Re:  Redo network discovery servers

Posted Jun 27, 2016 12:42 PM

Adnan,

Thanks for your help.