CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  CCA Discovery: Required Oracle user permissions for Oracle Blueprint discovery

Posted Jun 22, 2016 12:04 PM

Hi,

What are the roles and permissions a Oracle Server user must have in order to discover all Oracle component information?

Regards,

Wander

• 2.  Re: CCA Discovery: Required Oracle user permissions for Oracle Blueprint discovery

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 22, 2016 12:39 PM

Any user with read access across the databases is the general statement

For a more exact result, view the Oracle Database blueprint and navigate to the Configuration --> Configuration Data section and click on each one to see the table \ spaces used and a list can be compiled that way

• 3.  Re: CCA Discovery: Required Oracle user permissions for Oracle Blueprint discovery

Posted Jun 28, 2016 11:35 AM

Hello again,

The DB analysts gave me the connection parameters, but do not know where to put one: "Service_name". The following example:

Host: server1234

Port: 1234

Service_name: conserver1234

ServerconnOracle.PNG

Regards,

Wander

• 4.  Re: CCA Discovery: Required Oracle user permissions for Oracle Blueprint discovery

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2016 11:43 AM

Within the Blueprint --> Component Parameters and Variables --> User Input

You should not overwrite the $(******) as those are variables that get pulled from other places in blueprint, for this bp it gets pulled from this User Input, plus the other items in the Parameter list

The ServiceName is the alias used when connecting, when discovering the Oracle application, it will look at the TNSNames and use that information as well

• 5.  Re: CCA Discovery: Required Oracle user permissions for Oracle Blueprint discovery

Posted Jun 29, 2016 10:10 AM

Hello,

I made the necessary changes, but still continue without database information. I am getting the following response "Agent Unable to establish the database connection is blueprint Oracle Database 11g (UNIX) on server server1234 TNS:. Currently listener does not know of service requested in connect descriptor."

What could be wrong?

Regards,

Wander

• 6.  Re: CCA Discovery: Required Oracle user permissions for Oracle Blueprint discovery

Posted Jul 01, 2016 12:10 PM

Wander,

If you are still experiencing connectivity issues with CCA and Oracle database, please open up a new support ticket at http://support.ca.com so we can further address the problem.

Regards,

Kevin

• 7.  Re: CCA Discovery: Required Oracle user permissions for Oracle Blueprint discovery
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 01, 2016 08:17 AM

Hello,

After several attempts, I found that Service_name information, should be placed in the field Database or put it as a value in DatabaseName parameter:

Option 1:

Option 2: