CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  How to add custom attributes and integration

Posted Mar 13, 2017 05:07 AM

Hi all,

in an environment I have CCA - CMDB - SDM integration using GRLoader procedure.

I would ask if it is possibile to add a custom attribute in the CCM discovery mask, like a drop down menu, to select the object environment (production, development, testing, etc...).

In the discovery phase the user will select this option and, for all discovered object, associate the enviroment to report to the overall integration process (the value in the CMDB).

Thanks

• 2.  Re: How to add custom attributes and integration

Posted Mar 13, 2017 10:26 AM

Hi Massimo

How about using the Services function in CCA?

After all you're just looking to group servers and this is the main function of the 'Services' tab.

Other than that I could suggest raising an 'Idea' aka an Enhancement Request.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Barb

• 3.  Re: How to add custom attributes and integration

Posted Mar 14, 2017 07:33 AM

Hi Barbara,

thank you for your information.

Using the 'Services' function is it possible to export, using GRLoarder, the 'Services' membership to upload the information in CMDB?

Thanks

• 4.  Re: How to add custom attributes and integration

Posted Mar 14, 2017 01:37 PM

Hi Massimo

This will not add the custom attribute.

This is just another option to organize servers in CCA.

Kind Regards

Barb

• 5.  Re: How to add custom attributes and integration

Posted Mar 15, 2017 06:13 AM

Hi Barb,

Uhm... my problem is to provide the environment membership in the CMDB from a CCA discovery.

At this point the 'Services' organization does not resolve this topic because it is not possibile to export the information.

Best regards