CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Change standard CCA Server to Master Tenant

Posted Aug 04, 2016 06:56 AM

Hi All,  is it possible to change standard Server installation of CCA Server to tenant master and tenant?\

• 2.  Re: Change standard CCA Server to Master Tenant
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 09:14 AM

Yes, In the CCA Database, change the value of "value" within the acm_prop table where grp='tenant' and name = 'is.tenant.master' (recycle CCA Server Service after change)

However, keep in mind that the links to access the tenants will not be available in the menu, you would need to access them directly vs what gets created when installing CCA as a tenant masterr

• 3.  Re: Change standard CCA Server to Master Tenant

Posted Aug 04, 2016 09:58 AM

Thanks Adnan for your quick Reply..

what is the best way to proceed in this case:

customer have 3 locations: lebanon, London and Oman

I installed CCA as standard in lebanon and did the integration with SDM . Since lebanon is the provider, i m getting CIS in TTWA with lebanon as tenant name.

Now what shall i do with the otrhers locations. shall i install another 2 standard CCA Server at london and Oman and did the intgrations or shall I install Master tenant (lebanon) and 2 tenants (fo london and OMan) and did the integrations.

What is the diffrence and benefits for both ways?

Many thanks in advance for your Reply and help

• 4.  Re: Change standard CCA Server to Master Tenant

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 10:09 AM

Tenants are Full installs of CCA, integrations, blueprints, discovered data are all done on that instance on that linked database

The benefit of using Master is to just have a UI to enter each tenant from 1 main server (versus entering the cca server url) and to push down blueprints and profiles from the master to tenants (versus exporting it from the main and importing it to the slaves)

With this, integrations are independent with the exception of having the tenant name showing up in TWA\CMDB\SDM