CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Connecting several environments

Posted Jun 22, 2016 05:34 AM

Hi,

I have several sites that are not connected to each other.

I want to create a MoM for visibility and reporting that take offline data from each site and import the information to the MoM.

Does anyone knows if such scenario is possible , my main need is inventory, Hardware and Software.

I'm open any product you can think of that will allow me to achieve this function.

Regards,

Asaf

• 2.  Re: Connecting several environments

Posted Jun 22, 2016 07:03 AM

Hi Asaf

Are you already using the CA CCA product or just making a general inquiry?

Definitely the CA CCA product can discover the hardware and software inventory in the environment.

The latest version of CCA uses the reporting tool Jaspersoft.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Barb

• 3.  Re: Connecting several environments

Posted Jul 05, 2016 07:44 AM

I'm inquiring before we start implementing a solution of some sort.

Currently we don't have a solution and this one is perhaps the one we will try.

I wasn't sure about the option to run agent locally and then take the output manually and put it on the server and import them, this is the solution we need, so if you have any info regarding this option or can direct me a relevant page, it will help very much.

Regards,

Asaf

• 4.  Re: Connecting several environments

Posted Jul 05, 2016 10:00 AM

Hi Asaf

Here is the link to the product page for CA Configuration Automation:

CA Configuration Automation - CA Technologies

I would advise talking to the CA Account team to discuss your requirements.

Kind Regards

Barb

• 5.  Re: Connecting several environments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 05, 2016 10:04 AM

With CCA, you can have CCA Master and CCA Tenant \ Slave instances where each instance has its own reporting and database.  If this can be accomplished; form Jaspersoft Studio, you can add multiple datasources and append them to one custom report (haven't tried this, but a quick search appears to be doable)

Alternatively, if you are able to connect Jaspersoft to MoM, then you can report from there

• 6.  Re: Connecting several environments

Posted Jul 07, 2016 05:51 AM

Hi,

Just to make thing more clear.

I have a network in which I have several servers, this network is disconnected and I can take data manually out of it.

In another network I have a CCA server.

I'm trying to take the discovery information from the disconnected network, copy it manually to the CCA network and than import it.

I'm looking for two thing:

1. running agents in an offline manner, after which they produce a file I can copy and import on the CCA server

2. building some kind of MoM where a CCA server on the disconnected network will manage that network and I will be able to export its data, copy it and import it on the Main CCA Server.

Regards,

Asaf

• 7.  Re: Connecting several environments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2016 09:43 AM

Some thoughts

First, you can export server snapshots, take them offline and import them into another CCA (if the server exits); but thats one server at a time, I don't see that being a good use of time

I understand that you said the network gets disconnected, but why cant you connect the main CCA Server to that target network, run with your need and then remove the CCA Server (and DB).  If you have multiple networks, this would be a pretty good cloud-ish solution,  Then you will always have all data with one CCA instance without export and importing as they are manual tasks; then use MoM however you want

The that would be setup is have 2 VMs (at least two, depending on number of discovered servers); One for CCA, one for Database (I would use EEM on the local CCA).  Setup the network configuration of those server to which ever network you connect them to, discovered then disconnect them form the network

• 8.  Re: Connecting several environments

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 09:35 AM

Asaf,

Were you able to come up with an architected solution for your situation based on our feedback?

• 9.  Re: Connecting several environments

Posted Aug 08, 2016 12:47 AM

Hi,

No, so far I couldn't find a solution that was easy and robust that I

could use.

But I'm still looking, while working on other direction as well.

Thanks