CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  NDG discovery duplicating server

Posted May 24, 2016 09:40 AM

We are using CCA 12.8 SP3.

In the environment we are creating the servers in CCA manually and using the hostname as server name.

After the server is in database, I created an Network Profile and put the server IP address in the inclusions list.

After running the profile, I have in CCA database 2 servers with same IP Address.

An with hostname and another with FQDN that was created by NDG discovery.

I changed the ndg property reconcile_ip to true, deleted the FQDN server and runned the Network Profile again. After changing property, I restarted the CCA and NDG services.

But after running the profile again, the server is duplicated again.

How to avoid it to occur?

• 2.  Re: NDG discovery duplicating server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 24, 2016 09:48 AM

1. Do you have 'ignore_server_with_duplicate_ip' enabled?  If so, set it to false, if you truly dont need it

2.  Do you have different network realms set for each discovery?

3. Are you using SoftAgent during your discovery?  By using softagent, it will help reconcile \ merge the servers if they are truly the same

• 3.  Re: NDG discovery duplicating server

Posted May 24, 2016 10:02 AM

The option are originally as false and I changed to true for testing purposes, but with both options the duplication occurs.

The network realm filed for network profile is empty.

The profile is configured with pingsweep with softagent

• 4.  Re: NDG discovery duplicating server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 29, 2016 10:30 PM

Hi

When you run nslookup with target IP address on CCA Server, you may get FQDN instead of hostname?

If so, please set FQDN when you create servers manually.

By the way, I tried to reproduce with your steps. I input hostname to create server manually, and then CCA replaced the hostname to FQDN automatically. As a result, I could not reproduce duplication.

I set hostname to hosts file on CCA server. Retried same steps, and then CCA didn't replace hostname during creating server. As a result, the server was duplicated with hostname and FQDN. So, please check your hosts file if target server is registered with hostname instead of FQDN.

I hope it helps you.

Thanks

Yas

• 5.  Re: NDG discovery duplicating server

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 11:20 AM

Paulo,

What is the current status of the duplicates?  Did Yas's response help you more?