CA Configuration Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Discovery Remediation

Posted Dec 17, 2013 09:54 AM

I am looking for a best practice document on Discovery remediation. Do you know of any such document?

• 2.  RE: Discovery Remediation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2013 10:02 AM

We have a greenbook for ACM, which mostly (very closely) applies to CCA 

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/common/greenbooks/CCA_125_GB_DiscoveryBestPrac_ENU.pdf

• 3.  RE: Discovery Remediation

Posted Dec 26, 2013 02:21 PM

The document is good. But I am wondering if a CABI report or Database query can be used to work on remediation overall?

• 4.  RE: Discovery Remediation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 26, 2013 02:51 PM

When you mention "work on remeditation", what are exactly referring to?  What do you want to accomplish?  The reports will only report on already executed remedication jobs.  If you are looking for execution of the remediation, you can the Remediation Tab to execute the profiles as needed

• 5.  RE: Discovery Remediation

Posted Dec 26, 2013 02:57 PM

Remediation so that discovery can all the information. .. In other words all the information needed to go to each system admin and get the fixes or changes done so the next discovery can be done with the errors eliminated.

• 6.  RE: Discovery Remediation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 26, 2013 03:10 PM

Seems to me you are looking to report on complaincy, versus remediation.  Remedication will actaully do the changes for you, based on the default values you give it in the rules. Compliance wil simply check the values, and no thing else (beyond report of it).  If this is what you are looking for, then Within you management profile --> management option --> rule complaince --> enable "run rule complaince" --> select your required info --> save

When you run that management profile against the server(s), it will check the values discovered to the values you indicate (or ootb values) it should be; once this is done, you can run the "Rule Complaince" report, which will provide you the details needed to send to the respective admins to fix accordingly

• 7.  RE: Discovery Remediation

Posted Dec 26, 2013 03:31 PM

I need for Example the uname command did not run.. SSH failed during discovery. Dcom is not enabled. Anything that will prevent a proper discovery. 

This not for a Server or Set of Servers I may need to run this once a week to review all errors/

• 8.  Re: Discovery Remediation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2015 11:44 AM

Hi,

Were you able to accomplish this?  If not, do you require any further assistance on this?

• 9.  Re: Discovery Remediation

Posted Jul 11, 2014 11:12 AM

I am unable to access this link for ACM document. Could you please send it if you have it handy. Thanks!

• 10.  Re: Discovery Remediation

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 15, 2015 11:46 AM

Hi Ravi,

You mentioned you could not access the link.  Are you still having issues?  If so, were you logged into CA Support?