DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to Utilize APM 10.7 Infrastructure layer mapping via apm_bridge from UIM 9.2.0apm_bridge probe to enable infra..

Posted Mar 06, 2020 10:07 AM
    We are trying to implement the apm_bridge probe to UIM 9.2.0 in order to integrate to the APM infrastructure mapping without any results.
    We do not have DOI and we see the documentation is a little evolved around DOI, we are a little limited as far as deployment and functionality is concerned.
    We don't have a full understanding of the new functionality although we have seen the whats new features, instead of going into all the questions. We decided to initiate by implementations then familiarization, but we are stuck on the first stage, any help will be much appreciated.

• 2.  RE: How to Utilize APM 10.7 Infrastructure layer mapping via apm_bridge from UIM 9.2.0apm_bridge probe to enable infra..

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 06, 2020 11:02 AM
    apm_bridge configuration is explained here.
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/GA/alphabetical-probe-articles/apm-bridge-ca-apm-bridge/apm-bridge-configuration.html

It would be better if you can post this message in UIM community also as this seems like mostly in UIM documents.

• 3.  RE: How to Utilize APM 10.7 Infrastructure layer mapping via apm_bridge from UIM 9.2.0apm_bridge probe to enable infra..

Posted Mar 06, 2020 11:48 AM
    Hi Amir and thank you for the quick response, we have read the above mentioned link that is as you mentioned the explanation of the apm_bridge probe configuration. Please excuse the references but i am responding from home and i have no access to my system and there for a little limited.

One point to mention here is that documentation only refers with the notion that we are using DOI, hence the information are involved around that, first question that arises here is...

- What kind of configuration is needed if we are using APM10.7 and not DOI? what are the required field and values to configure via the probe utility in case of utilizing the EPAgent and APM10.7?

The reason why this post is opened in the APM section is because the most critical questions come later and involve APM it self, i mean of course we have to pass the configuration aspect of things but once that is done we need to understand (beyond a theoretical point) how this actually works in order to explain this functionality to the customer (we have seen the new features presentation).

Below we have some questions that better reflect the nature of this post (of course the first mentioned above is also important).

- We have 3 layers in Team Center mapping (APM - APM Infra - Infra) what are the differences on the later 2?
    - How is the UIM topology propagated to Team Center and how are we expecting to see these elements?
    - Is there a correlation between APM mapping and Infra mapping?

We pose these questions as the customer has implemented APM 10.7 with UIM (partly for the new functionality) and we have passed the sales pitch that we presented to the customer (this is APM 10.7 it offers this and this e.t.c.....).

Now the customer is asking more direct questions for example, "All is nice and well, now what exact Infrastructure elements will i see in Team Center mapping and how can i utilize them to better improve my monitoring?"

Sorry for the lengthy response but I think it is needed in order to be on the same page.

To sum up... Firstly in our specific implementation how can i get it to work? and secondly what and how exactly will be depicted in Team Center?

First part is more UIM second more APM! Thanks in advance.