DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Introscope Workstation client

Posted Dec 12, 2019 03:17 PM
    Trying to install the Introscope Workstation thick client.  After install, when trying to launch the Workstation, on one PC I cannot get the login screen to come up.  On another I can get the login screen to come up but after authenticating I a screen flashes, disconnects and I am back at the login screen.
    Any ideas on what would cause this?

• 2.  RE: Introscope Workstation client
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2019 01:47 AM
    This will typically happen because you have installed the workstation in one of Windows virtual directories (C:\ Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)).
    I would recommend moving the installed files to a different directory or the root of C:\.

If you can't move the files, right-click on the shortcut for the workstation and change the setting to run as administrator.

------------------------------
    Custom Solution Architect
    Broadcom

• 3.  RE: Introscope Workstation client

Posted Dec 14, 2019 09:42 AM
    I've seen issues with Workstation fat client - where if a hotfix has been applied to the Enterprise Manager (MOM) - you may have to apply the same hotfix to your workstation installation on your PC.

Sr. Solutions Architect
    A&I Solutions

• 4.  RE: Introscope Workstation client

Posted Dec 16, 2019 06:19 AM
    ​We noticed the same after applying SP3, and had to apply the same patch to the locally installed workstation client. Don't always have to do it with a service pack but this one did require it.

• 5.  RE: Introscope Workstation client

Posted Dec 16, 2019 08:30 AM
    Issue was corrected - ended up being a combination of what was noted with install location and applying SP2.  Thanks.