DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Bind Infrastructure agent with Application

Posted Dec 20, 2019 07:54 AM
    Hi,
    We have Application which uses log parsing for its business transactions.
    We've installed Java agent and see this application on Application layer.
    We've also installed Log infrastructure agent and see it on Infrastructure layer. The Log agent is installed on another host and is seen as a standalone instance.
    But would like to see them all together on the same layer and to have a kind of relation between them. Is it possible to do so?
    I  tried to manipulate with Attributes and Filters but it applies only to infrastructure agents with Application tab in Component View(I suppose that APM has linked them to application automatically, may be there is a way to link infrastructure agent manually?)

Best regards 
    Andrey

• 2.  RE: Bind Infrastructure agent with Application

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2019 11:44 AM
    I do that by making sure the hostname is the same when deploying the agent. They show up under the same tree automatically like that. The application however will be different. So you may have to play with the app-names too if you want these merged (Could be wrong, but APMIA + PHP Extension seem to work out that way for me).

• 3.  RE: Bind Infrastructure agent with Application

Posted Dec 22, 2019 11:53 AM
    Hi Jörg,
    Thank you for your idea but the problem is that Application and Infrastructure agent are on different hosts.
    They have no transactional link but have logical link. That is - the application depends on on a host but doesn't do any Java calls to that host. May be there is a method to define this dependence manually?

Best Regards 
    Andrey

• 4.  RE: Bind Infrastructure agent with Application
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 23, 2019 01:59 AM

Hi,

I think Jörg's suggestion is still the way to go, besides the agent name you can also assign a "logical" hostname to both agents such that the metrics will show up under the same tree.

You can add following property in the startup command of the agent:

-Dintroscope.agent.hostName=<desired_hostname>

Cheers,

Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.