DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Alert with missing metric

Posted Apr 23, 2020 11:03 AM
    Hello,
    I have an alert with this parameter:

As you can see, there is a period with no metric. The Alarm triggered the Danger event the first period with no metric. Is this behaviour correct? Why the alarm doesn't wait for 4 period?

• 2.  RE: Alert with missing metric

Posted Apr 24, 2020 11:11 AM
    ​The calculated metric is always zero so when real metric that you to alert on goes missing the the calculated alert has been at zero for 4 of the last 4 periods so the Alert triggers immediately.

• 3.  RE: Alert with missing metric

Posted Apr 27, 2020 05:43 AM
    Thanks Stephen,
    but in the image I attached, the period (15 second each) are 3 and not 4. Am I wrong?

• 4.  RE: Alert with missing metric
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 27, 2020 06:13 AM
    ​DX APM is not actually evaluating the GC Heap metric. When the metric disappears it is just ignored. Thats why you have to have the reference metric that is always zero. The alert is evaluated when ALL the metrics are zero. When the heap metric disapears the ONLY metric being reported on is the aways zero metirc so the condition for all merics to be zero is met. However because this metric is always zero it has been zero for 4 of the last 4 periods so the alert triggers as soon as the heap metic has disappeared.

• 5.  RE: Alert with missing metric

Posted Apr 27, 2020 06:22 AM
    Understood.

Thank you

• 6.  RE: Alert with missing metric

Posted Apr 27, 2020 06:00 AM
    or you mean that constant calculator count for previous period?