DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Error when trying to enable TIM on RH 7

Posted Apr 22, 2020 02:30 PM
    Hi,
    I installed APM10.7.0HF17_F72245 on RH 7.
    when I'm trying to enable it I got the following error:

An updated configuration could not be sent to one or more of the selected Monitors. These monitors were not enabled

any Ideas what I must check to properly set up it?

------------------------------
    APM Senior Consultant
    Netready Solutions

• 2.  RE: Error when trying to enable TIM on RH 7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2020 03:28 AM
    Edited by Harold Martin May 18, 2020 09:24 AM
    There can be many causes for that to happen. Checking everything manually could take a long time - this is the reason I had created a "health-check" you can get at https://github.com/CA-APM/cem-healthcheck-scripts - Please download the archive, unpack it on the users home directory (temporary or so), and run the TIM and SYS function and provide me the logs. I can then go over these.

Note - some of the data gatherings can take a little longer, as it does not only extract data (Logs, system info) but also perform some performance checks on the disks for anticipating disk performance issues.

In general, when seeing this Error message either a network configuration error (Routing, Fireweall, proxy) is at cause, or the apache webserver does not run on the TIM.

Customer Solution Engineering
    Broadcom Inc.

• 3.  RE: Error when trying to enable TIM on RH 7

Posted Apr 27, 2020 01:15 PM
    Hello Jörg,
    I'm uploading the collected data.
    thanks for any advice

APM Senior Consultant
    Netready Solutions

Attachment(s)

• 4.  RE: Error when trying to enable TIM on RH 7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 28, 2020 04:39 AM
    Could you also grab the "SYS" log? You sent in the TIM, Performance data, and hardware data. But no data on the actual system installation (which would show me the network configuration and firewall).

So far - I have already seen that you have unidirectional data collected by the TIM. And the network interface configuration is using a wrong Mac Address (should not influence the function of TIM though).

On the configuration side, there is no TESS/Collector configuration visible. So the request did not get through.

As this is a VMWare installation, is the VM running in NAT mode or Bridged mode (Network interface?) NAT mode will not work.

Broadcom Inc.

• 5.  RE: Error when trying to enable TIM on RH 7

Posted May 06, 2020 06:10 PM
    Hello Jörg, I finally uploaded the sys log.
    The VM is running on ESX and it is seeing traffic on the assigned card.

Regards,
    Harold

APM Senior Consultant
    Netready Solutions

• 6.  RE: Error when trying to enable TIM on RH 7

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2020 03:20 AM
    Hi Harold,
    just looked at the SYS log, and all seems Ok. I think, best is to schedule a WebEx and go through it together to figure out what is happening.
    FYI - I see that you have a full desktop enabled on the OS, which for the TIM is definitely not required.
    Best is to perform a minimal server install, and add what is required during TIM installation. This way, only the parts that are required will be installed.

What we need to figure out, is why the APM UI does not register the CEM probe. So - let me know when you have time and let's try to schedule a WebEx.

Broadcom Inc.

• 7.  RE: Error when trying to enable TIM on RH 7
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 18, 2020 03:07 AM
    For information to all.
    Using build TIM 10.7.0.256 or later has solved the issue.

Several things actually happened. rhel 7 uses systemd and has had some software changes.
    The installer had to deal with the move from apache 2.2 to 2.4 (which requires a new configuration file syntax for directory access), and the systemd is used instead of the sysV-init style.

If anyone needs the TIM software to be installed on rhel7/Cent7 - please contact the Broadcom Support Team to get one of the more recent releases.

Broadcom Inc.