DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  APM Report template

Posted Nov 02, 2019 08:27 PM
    Hi there,  I'm using CA APM to monitor a weblogic Application server. according to EM investigator, this application server contain multiple managed servers. to monitor these managed servers availability I used the metric group "agent connection status" and created alert to alarm me when it change to "3 : disconnected".
    I tried to create a report template containing this metric group in order to generate a monthly report with availability, but the results was enormous. it might be something wrong i choose or I did not understand how reports work in APM or this metric cannot be used for such purpose.

can anyone help me with this issue, Thanks in advance...

• 2.  RE: APM Report template

Posted Nov 06, 2019 01:26 PM
    Hi,

When you say erroneous, what are you seeing?  Do you get a message stating you have more than 500 datapoints? or do you see the agent connection status show as disconnected intermittently when the service was available?

I believe the agent connection status will show as a 3 if your system is rebalancing agents and disconnecting them from one collector, and connecting to another for a minute or two during the process also. 

What was the criteria on the alarm? I found if i did 10 of 10 intervals it would generally still show a 3 in between during rebalancing, but would not go red as it had reconnected elsewhere within 2.5 minutes.

Thanks
    Lee

• 3.  RE: APM Report template
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 07, 2019 01:09 AM
    If you have an EM cluster, as Lee was suggesting, you can get false positives when monitoring Connection Status because this can happen during the course of load balancing.
    Instead, use this calculator and update your metric groupings to use the newly generated one.

https://github.com/htdavis/ca-apm-fieldpack-js-calcs/blob/master/ConnectionStatus.js

------------------------------
    Custom Solution Architect
    Broadcom

• 4.  RE: APM Report template

Posted Nov 18, 2019 09:51 AM
    thank you for the information, but how to create alert when the weblogic managed server is down, and how to report the number of down incidents with its interval of time.

Deputy Manager
    Banque Misr