DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

GA date for DX APM 11.x?

• 1.  GA date for DX APM 11.x?

Posted Nov 29, 2019 05:56 AM
    Hi
    Where can I get answers on estimated GA date for DX APM 11.x?

Kind regards,
    Jan Israelsson

• 2.  RE: GA date for DX APM 11.x?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 04, 2019 02:26 AM

Dear Jan,

let me explain what is the current situation:

• We do have APM 11 available in our SaaS environment since April 2019. It is available to all customers and we have lots of customers using it to manage large workloads.
    • We also made on-premise version of APM 11 available to selected customers so we can ensure successful onprem deployments
    • We are going to make APM 11 on-premise available to all customers very soon, early next year (Q1 2020) after all initial customers adopt it successfully in production 

I would like to learn more about your use case and your needs. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly and we will find the best solution together.

Thanks!  

Dominik

• 3.  RE: GA date for DX APM 11.x?

Posted Dec 17, 2019 05:46 AM
    HI
    today i found the updated version APM 11.1.3 on the techdocs
    https://techdocs.broadcom.com/content/broadcom/techdocs/us/en/ca-enterprise-software/it-operations-management/application-performance-management/11-1/dx-apm-release-notes.html

i guess soon it will be available for  download

Regards

------------------------------
    Customer services director
    Future systems
    ------------------------------

• 4.  RE: GA date for DX APM 11.x?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 17, 2019 06:00 AM
    Hi Wael, yes, as stated above: "we are going to make APM 11 on-premise available to all customers very soon, early next year (Q1 2020) after all initial customers adopt it successfully in production"

Cheers,

Dominik

• 5.  RE: GA date for DX APM 11.x?

Posted May 20, 2020 11:13 AM
    ​Hi,Dominik-san

Please tell me release schedule now.

Next SaaS:
    Next On-Premise:
    Next GA:

Any update?

Best Regards,

• 6.  RE: GA date for DX APM 11.x?

Posted Jun 03, 2020 06:38 PM
    now we are in Q2 2020 , and I moved from broadcom partner and working at the oldest customer in Egypt (running CA products for 16 years) and about to move to another competitor specially in APM.
    and still broadcom haven't release that GA although the ver11.1 was pulled back from download from 9 months almost!!!

so frustrated strategy !

• 7.  RE: GA date for DX APM 11.x?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 04, 2020 06:41 AM
    Hi Wael,
    we have changed our strategy a bit and decided to make EA program running longer. The GA version of APM is now expected to happen during Q3. Again, this is not a commitment but the best information I can give as of today.

For SaaS - our release cadence is approximately once a month, we had number of releases since last year. Please refer to DX APM SaaS documentation for the details.

• 8.  RE: GA date for DX APM 11.x?

Posted Jun 07, 2020 02:19 AM
    Hi Dominik
    I know that your Strategy with SaaS is much more faster than on Premisses , but for some organisations like financial org. has restricted policy regarding connection to cloud based applications. so if Broadcom will rely totally on SaaS , you have to declare it, it's strategy of the company.!

Plus broadcom's APM still missing a lot although it is in leaders quadrant, we were expecting support new technologies like java 11, support easy creation of dashboards, reports , alerting on bad transactions,, and so many ,, that we can't find on the webinars of the new release.

thanks

• 9.  RE: GA date for DX APM 11.x?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2020 07:26 AM
    Hi Wael,
    we are not focusing on SaaS only. As I explained in my previous message, we made a decision to have longer EA program for on-premise as this is new architecture so we wanted to spend more time working with early adopters. That's why we moved GA availability to later date.

Not sure where you got that impression but next gen APM supports Java 11, we have completely new way how to build dashboards and you can definitely alert on bad transactions (this is not new!).

Hope this helps.

Dominik