DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA APM for User Session Monitoring

Posted Jul 26, 2019 03:13 AM
    Hi,

I have a customer where they have requirement that mostly can be complied with CA APM. But there is a point which mention like this:
    "Solution have the ability to monitor USER SESSION for the purpose of tracing specific users and having a visibility of what processes are being carried out by the user and what has been done by the user."

For this point, does browser agent is enough or I should use CEM to do it?

Thank you
    Rio

• 2.  RE: CA APM for User Session Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 26, 2019 02:29 PM
    If you are wanting to track all requests for each specific user session I would think AXA (which uses browser agent) would be the best best for accomplishing this. Thoughts @Haruhiko Davis @Hiko_Davis​​​

• 3.  RE: CA APM for User Session Monitoring

Posted Jul 27, 2019 01:22 AM

Hi Bradley,

Thank you for your response. FYI, the application server that going to be monitored is Software AG WebMethod IS, where is this product is a SOA Platform. The customer gave information only the application server name is Software AG Webmethod IS.

Used to be I have been used CA APM to monitor Software AG WebMethod IS, that time I used CA APM only to monitor the performance.

My understanding, the position of WebMethod is as a middleware layer, while the user session is generated from frontend layer. What I missed here?

Need your advise

Regards

Rio

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

• 4.  RE: CA APM for User Session Monitoring

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2019 04:55 PM
    Yes, AXA is the right solution.

WebMethods is a backend service so monitoring it will not fulfill the requirement. You need to monitor the middleware and web server to get the session activities.

------------------------------
    Custom Solution Architect
    Broadcom
    ------------------------------

• 5.  RE: CA APM for User Session Monitoring

Posted Jul 27, 2019 07:56 PM
    Thanks Haruhiko

Regards
    Rio