DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  VIP in front of MoM and/or WebView

Posted Aug 09, 2019 02:54 PM
    ​Hi
    I'd be interested to hear what experience (good or bad) users have had with configuring a VIP in front of a MoM so that agents are configured to report to VIP which will forward them to MoM.  Reason I'm interested, is I need to do is replace an old out of date cluster with newer version running on newer hardware and OS so simple MoM upgrade is out.  However the only cluster I can direct to now is still not latest version so will have to redirect again once cluster can be deployed using latest release.  This will mean I need to update all agent configs to have new MoM addresses and don't want to redo this work once latest version MoM is available.  So my thinking is to use VIP to shield agent from exact host name/IP of MoM.  Seems this should work- but want to know if others have tried and how it worked out.

Does same approach work with webview/team centre, so I don't need to re-educate users on how to access webview and/or team centre? 

Thanks
    Duncan

------------------------------
    Duncan Mackinder

• 2.  RE: VIP in front of MoM and/or WebView

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2019 01:54 PM
    yes, we do have customers who utilize VIP/DNS alias, even load balancers.
    you will need to pay attention to what version of the agent you have deployed to make sure it's not newer than what the EM can communicate with.

having said that, APM11 agents can talk to 10.7 EMs without any issues.

all EMs are backwards compatible to previous agent versions.

Custom Solution Architect
    Broadcom