DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Add new collectors to running cluster

Posted Oct 20, 2020 02:34 AM
    Hi,

I want to add new collectors to an existing 10.7 SP3 cluster. Usually I stop cluster when I want to perform any activity to the cluster.

1. Can I add collector without any cluster downtime? i.e should I stop cluster before i add collector?
    2. If I don't stop cluster, does it affect APM DB oracle database when collector is installed and started?
    3. Also we need to edit MOM property file to add list of new collectors. If I don't stop cluster, can i just restart MOM (MOM cluster) at the end so that it takes in to effect?

Geethu

• 2.  RE: Add new collectors to running cluster

Posted Oct 20, 2020 04:00 AM
    Hi,

I want to add new collectors to an existing 10.7 SP3 cluster. Usually I stop cluster when I want to perform any activity to the cluster.

1. Yes, you can add a collector WITHOUT any cluster downtime. Cluster does NOT have to be stopped
    2. APM DB oracle database does NOT get affected. (Only receives a new connection when the new collector gets started)
    3. MOM does NOT have to be restarted. This property is a dynamic property and comes into effect automatically.
    Cheers,
    Danny

::DISCLAIMER::

The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. E-mail transmission is not guaranteed to be secure or error-free as information could be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete, or may contain viruses in transmission. The e mail and its contents (with or without referred errors) shall therefore not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Views or opinions, if any, presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the views or opinions of HCL or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of authorized representative of HCL is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before opening any email and/or attachments, please check them for viruses and other defects.