DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Date for inhouse Cload Monitor

Posted Nov 09, 2012 03:41 AM
    Hi
    I was wondering on the road map for APM Cloud Monitor
    Specific I am looking for the date we will be able to run APM Cloud Monitor on our intranet to be able to monitor in house application.

Dave

• 2.  RE: Date for inhouse Cload Monitor

Posted Nov 09, 2012 12:36 PM
    Hi Dave,

Current plans call for delivering Cloud Monitor on-premise points of presence (OPP) in 2HCY13. There will be a series of customer validation sprint reviews planned in early/mid 1HCY13 to which we'll invite selected customers. If you'd like to participate, please let me know.

Steve

CA Cloud Monitor Product Management

• 3.  RE: Date for inhouse Cload Monitor

Posted Nov 29, 2012 04:17 AM
    Hi Steve
    I would like to participate in the customer validations. What would I need to do.

Dave

• 4.  RE: Date for inhouse Cload Monitor

Posted Nov 30, 2012 02:06 PM
    Dave,

To participate in Cloud Monitor end of sprint reviews and other customer validation actiitvies you first must be a subscriber to our Cloud Monitor service.

Once a customer, please contact Product Management (myself or Mickey Mielneczek) and we'll share with you our sprint plans activities.

Steve

• 5.  RE: Date for inhouse Cload Monitor

Posted Mar 18, 2013 12:50 PM
    Is the intention to license the in-house monitor per-test (e.g. similar basis to the existing SaaS offering)?

• 6.  RE: Date for inhouse Cload Monitor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2013 12:53 PM
    The licensing and pricing model will be finalized later this year. We are interested in feedback in this area.

• 7.  RE: Date for inhouse Cloud Monitor

Posted Feb 14, 2014 02:26 PM

Reviewing the "clabby-analytics-research-report.PDF" there is mention of an on-premise Cloud Monitor and you use the wording " on-premise points of presence".

What is the difference? 

Does the OPP send/communicate with any cloud servers (any server not located on our intranet)?

Where does the data and scripts for the synthetic transaction reside?

Thank you,

Billy

• 8.  RE: Date for inhouse Cloud Monitor

Posted Feb 25, 2014 10:42 AM

https://support.ca.com/phpdocs/7/8530/8530_CloudMonitor_roadmap.pdf

On-Premise Monitoring Stations

Under Consideration in multiple release

Unified User Monitoring: Synthetic-To-Real Transaction Integration for External & On-Premise Monitoring

From what I can gather, the On-Premise Monitoring Station is the Point-of-Presence that basically acts like a single communication bridge through your firewalled intranet to then communicate with the Cloud service through the internet.

The On-Premise Monitoring, haven't found anything describing it but guessing it is where the data and scripts are kept on the intranet and no communication with the Cloud service.  This feature is "under consideration" and I am going to go look for an "Ideas" entry for this.

Billy