DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  calculator historical metrics

Posted Apr 12, 2019 10:06 AM

I have created numerous calculators for my applications and noticed that the metric grouping where the calculators are generated have historical data based on the 365 days set in my IntroscopeEnterprisemanagent.properties file however, the calculator historical metric data goes back only 5 days. Can anyone explain why this is the case and whether or not something can be done to fix this?

Daniel #

• 2.  Re: calculator historical metrics
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 15, 2019 08:35 AM

Dear Daniel:

I mentioned your post to my team and crossposted to APM Development. If no one responds, please consider opening a case.

• 3.  RE: calculator historical metrics

Posted Jun 07, 2019 03:15 PM
    Hi Daniel,

I'm going to take a stab at this, with what I know.

When was the calculator created in context of the 5 days?  

From what I understand of calculators, they actually generate a new metric value and also metric label when they become active.  When metrics are captured by the collector, assuming your calculator is a management module element and not a java script calculator, then during each 15 second window, the calculator will receive values based on a subscription sent to each collector.  The calculator will sum/average/other the values and then publish the metric value into the current metric time window.

The calculator can not create new metrics for previous time windows, so you will see the historic data within the metric grouping but since the calculator was either not present or not active, it was not able to create the metric value for those metric windows.

Hope this helps,

Billy