DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA APM 10.7 Installation Failed at Database

Posted Apr 23, 2019 07:26 AM

Hi,

I have a PoC in customer side. I'm facing a failed of EM installation at Database in OS win 2016. Mem 8GB, 8 cores

The error message is :

STDOUT: postgres install arguments: mode unattended --unattendedmodeui none --servicename "pgsql-9.6" --serviceaccount "postgres" --servicepassword "******" --superaccount "postgres" --superpassword "******" --serverport 5432 --prefix "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2" --datadir "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2\data"
    launched the database installer file postgresql-9.6.2-3-windows-x64.exe. Installation in progress...
    postgres installation has taken longer than expected. Assuming it as a hung process.
    Killing the process postgresql-9.6.2-3-windows-x64.exe
    SUCCESS: Sent termination signal to the process "postgresql-9.6.2-3-windows-x64.exe" with PID 1664.
    Failed to load SQL modules into the database cluster.
    Problem creating uninstaller. Installation may have not completed correctly.

I have reinstalled many times but still getting the same error.

I never experienced the error like this before at the same environment.

Could somebody here can give me some advise to resolve this issues.

Thanks

Rio

• 2.  Re: CA APM 10.7 Installation Failed at Database
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 23, 2019 08:59 AM

Dear Jasa:

I see that you have opened case 

on this topic and provided the install log. Please provide the solution found so that others can be helped if in a similar situation. 

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: CA APM 10.7 Installation Failed at Database

Posted Apr 23, 2019 12:56 PM

Hi Hallett,

Yes we have an ticket related to this case.

If someone know how to resolve it, please share to us.

Thanks

• 4.  Re: CA APM 10.7 Installation Failed at Database

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 07, 2019 09:58 PM

I worked with the client on this one via support case 01348346

The following were the steps we took to resolve it:

The initial install of Postgres failed - possibly because it was taking longer than expected:

'postgres installation has taken longer than expected. Assuming it as a hung process.'

The client did a manual uninstall deleting the Postgres directories and registry entries as there was no entry for it in the Control Panel/Add Remove Programs. However, it seems that there may have been other parts of the install still in place, causing a subsequent re-install to fail.

I noticed in the Postgres install log that the subsequent install failed to run the following script:

----------------------------------------
    Configuring database server startup...
    Executing cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2\installer\server\startupcfg.vbs" 9.6 "postgres" "****" "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2" "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2\data" "pgsql-9.6"
    Script exit code:

Script output:

Script stderr:

Unknown error while running cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2\installer\server\startupcfg.vbs" 9.6 "postgres" "****" "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2" "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2\data" "pgsql-9.6"
    ----------------------------------------

I had them run the following from the command line on the server:

cscript //NoLogo "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2\installer\server\startupcfg.vbs" 9.6 "postgres" "****" "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2" "C:\Program Files\CA APM\PostgreSQL-9.6.2\data" "pgsql-9.6"

This ran and appeared to complete the Postgres install, including adding the entries in the Control Panel/Add Remove Programs.

They then ran an uninstall from the Control Panel and it seemed to do a complete uninstall of Postgres (filesystem, registry entries and any other components).

This then allowed for a full install of APM including the Postgres DB which ran successfully.