DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Cloud Monitor Recorder (CMR) issues with variables

Posted Apr 02, 2019 09:39 AM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I am having trouble with getting CMR to work consistently between the desktop app and the ASM Cloud infrastructure.  I have attached a screenshot of a basic script and an associated JScript.

The first problem is in getting variables to be set at the top of the script and working all the way through.  In this case ${UserIDTextBox} works for the first populate form but not the second, and the script never leaves the page.  Does everything possibly get reset between steps (or only held for a certain number/kind of steps)?

The second problem is with using "native" variables in a JScript and returning an updated value.  Or as I do need to do a bunch of If-Thens that are not native to CMR I need to be able to fill out text boxes and click on submit buttons.  You can see my attempts in the JScript code (located where you normally see the web page).  Running on the desktop the native variable values do come down and get set, but running in ASM it is not working.  And I can't find a way to output the data in ASM from the JScript so I can see what's wrong.

Any help is greatly appreciated, plus any other tricks you have learned.

Thanks,

Rick

#CloudMonitorRecorder #RealBrowserMonitor #RBM

• 2.  Re: Cloud Monitor Recorder (CMR) issues with variables
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 03, 2019 03:33 PM

>Can anyone help Rick?

If this is an issue, please open a case since the Community is shy on responding :-)