DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to install APM Agent via silent install (problem with brtm-eulaFile)?

Posted Mar 16, 2018 11:55 AM

Hello, I'm trying to install APM infrastructure version 10.5.2 via silent install, so I unzip the files and it comes with this  major files (besides the binary files for the other OS )

browseragent-eula.txt

SampleResponseFile.Agent.txt

IntroscopeAgentInstaller10.5.2.52unix.tar

So since the information is spread and its confusing I'm trying to understand how to install this version following the steps. Is this  'browseragent-eula.txt' the ca-eula.txt file that i need to pass along with the response file?

I configure the response file accordingly with my necessities and I compare it with some auto.generated response files

and it seems so different from this sample that comes with this version of APM.

So when I try to launch the installer with the command : 
    ./IntroscopeAgent10.5.2.52unix.bin -f SampleResponseFile.Agent.txt

I get this error in the log file:

----------------------
    /../../../browseragent-eula.txt is not a valid BRTM End User License Agreement file.
    Edit the responsefile so that the brtm-eulaFile property refers to a valid BRTM End User License Agreement file, then rerun the silent installer.

false
    false
    true

I tryed to download the ca-eula.txt from the Index of /ips/osgi  and also tryed other ways from what I read in communities and docs, and don't seem to work..

Can you provide a simplier step guide to install APM via silent install?  

Thanks.

• 2.  Re: How to install APM Agent via silent install ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2018 07:38 PM

Hi Tiago,

I do see the 10.5 documentation in this area is currently missing the reference to setting the brtm-eulaFile reference in the response file. I will request for it to be updated.

Silent Install - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I have recreated the same problem as you after I set these lines in my SampleResponseFile.Agent.txt file:

brtm-eulaFile=./browseragent-eula.txt

brtmConfig=1

Even changing browseragent-eula.txt final line "BROWSERAGENT-LA=reject" to "BROWSERAGENT-LA=accept" makes no difference.

I thought I found a problem with an uncommented text line in the browseragent-eula.txt file but removing all lines except  "BROWSERAGENT-LA=accept" still does not resolve the problem.

Until I can find the root cause I suggest you workaround the problem by either:

1. Using GUI installer

2. Use "NO INSTALLER" agent files and manually configure the Browser Agent i.e.

a. If it is not already there copy the BrowserAgentExt.jar from wily/examples/APM/BrowserAgent/ext to wily/core/ext
    b. Edit the IntroscopeAgent.profile file in wily/core/config/ folder and append filename browseragent.pbd to property introscope.autoprobe.directivesFile
    c. Then update IntroscopeAgent.profile with these "Browser Agent Advanced Configuration" steps as required
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-5/en/implementing-agents/java-agent/configure-the-browser-agent/browser-agent-advanced-configuration

Actually that 10.5 section is currently referring to bundle implementation of Browser Agent (where BA is an agent extension) which is valid for SaaS and APM Command Center deployed agents. For standard on-premise agent install the steps here on the DXC docops which refer to the profile file are more useful:

Add the Snippet to Web Pages - CA Experience Collector - CA Technologies Documentation 

NOTE: In latest 10.7 the Java agent installer has actually been deprecated so the "NO INSTALLER" files or APM Command Center have to be used:

CA APM Release Notes - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation  

(the "INTROSCOPE AGENT INSTALLERS R10.7.0.0" file only contains .NET & standalone agent installers)

Hope that helps (I will get back to you on original problem in due course)

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: How to install APM Agent via silent install (problem with brtm-eulaFile)?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2018 11:42 PM

Hi Tiago,

The brtm-eulaFile reference is documented in the 10.3 documentation.

Install the Browser Agent - CA Application Performance Management - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

However back then the BA architecture was different and there was no Digital Experience Collector which under 10.5 provides the BA functionality and the 10.5 agent side just does the javascript injection.

Release Comparison - CA Application Performance Management - 10.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

I installed the 10.3 agent using silent install with 

1. SampleResponseFile.Agent.txt file:

brtm-eulaFile=./browseragent-eula.txt

brtmConfig=1

2. browseragent-eula.txt file:

"BROWSERAGENT-LA=accept"

The install was successful and no problems occurred,

I therefore think that the brtm-eulaFile is no longer valid for 10.5 and you can ignore it by keeping it at blank/no value.

Then follow the manual Browser Agent configuration steps I listed above.

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: How to install APM Agent via silent install (problem with brtm-eulaFile)?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2018 05:18 PM