DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?

Posted Apr 12, 2018 12:47 PM

Hello Once again folks,

My probes are currently binding correctly, but I have a question I wanna ask.

4/12/18 11:03:37 AM BRT [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.ArfTransport] New tcp ARF command connection: {"op":"commandConn","probe":"nodejs","ver":1,"instid":"nodejs-teste-9-5rfkg-1","pgm":"nodejs-teste-9-5rfkg-cmpn_devops","prms":{"hostName":"solr-lfr-pre"}}

When the probe connects, I'm seeing the "PGM" as my pod name from kubernetes, and I would like to change that, however I could not find which variable can be exported to change that, can you guys help me? 

• 2.  Re: How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2018 04:43 PM

Hello DanJSBR,

Ii don't have a specific answer to your questions today but I will pass along this information until I or someone else provide you something more specific.

If you have not taken a look in the quide here is a link for configuration of NodeJS.  I did not see anything in there about the Pod Name.   I will continue to research and get back to this post again soon.

"Configure APM for Node.js"

Configure APM for Node.js - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Norris

• 3.  Re: How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2018 04:45 PM

Hi Dan,

please see Configure APM for Node.js - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation.

You can use : 

export CA_APM_PROBENAME=<probe-name>

or other methods. Details are all documented in the link above.

Ciao,

Guenter

• 4.  Re: How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?

Posted Apr 12, 2018 09:18 PM

Hi Guenter,

I`m afraid you may have mistaken my question. I`m not after the PROBE_NAME, I want to change the Program Name, that goes under FrontEnd in IApm tool, I can provide a screenshot if you want.

Is there a variable that can change program name under frontend so they combine into a single metric? Also I`ve removed the answered tag from this post.

Thanks.

• 5.  Re: How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 14, 2018 09:46 AM

Hi Danilo:

I am going to mark Guenter's response as marked correct because the configuration documentation that he suggested.DOES cover all Node.JS configuration settings. Anything that can be configured for the Node.JS agent IS covered there.

It sounds like you are talking a special case which would not be covered by Node.JS documentation and would be a customization.

Kubernetes Monitoring is discussed at Kubernetes Monitoring - CA Application Performance Management - 10.7 - CA Technologies Documentation . It that is not helpful, please open a case. To help others in our community, please post the solution here once determined.

Thanks 

Hal German

• 6.  Re: How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?

Posted Apr 15, 2018 11:53 PM

Are you looking for the same as the following screenshot?

• 7.  Re: How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?

Posted Apr 16, 2018 04:55 AM

Thats right! But I want it to be diferent than the probe name..

how did u change it?

• 8.  Re: How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?

Posted Apr 17, 2018 06:57 PM

junaidwily how did u change the frontend app name?

• 9.  Re: How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?

Posted Apr 18, 2018 09:20 AM

I add environment variable

cd /sap

vi .bashrc

Add something similar to this for your server:

export CA_APM_PROBENAME=SCM_nodejs_25

• 10.  Re: How to Change Program Name from a Probe in Nodejs?

Posted Apr 18, 2018 11:34 AM

But that does change the probe name in the agent node as well...so theres no way to change the frontend only I guess .