DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  pbd runtime error

Posted Aug 10, 2016 03:07 PM

Hi everybody, I´m newie in APM and I'm trying to configurate a new .pdb, so I've created a new pdb file like this

%AGENT_HOME%\tomcat\wily\core\config\hotdeploy\CustomMathClient.pbd

inside details

SetFlag: customMathClient

IdentifyClassAs: "com.client.math.MathWSClient" customMathClient

TraceAllMethodsIfFlagged: customMathClient BlamePointTracer "CustomMathClient|MathWSClient"

TurnOn: customMathClient

I guess it doesn't has any configuration problem, because AutoProbe.MathClientAgent it looks like this

Introscope AutoProbe Log: C:\APM\Agentes\tomcat\wily\logs\AutoProbe.20160810-143414.log

Release 10.3.0.15 (Build 990015)(Diagnos Version 2)

Log opened at Wed Aug 10 14:34:16 ART 2016

Copyright (c) 2016 CA. All Rights Reserved.

==================================================================

but in runtime the IntroscopeAgent.MathClientAgent.log show me this error

8/10/16 04:00:52 PM ART [ERROR] [IntroscopeAgent.Agent] IntervalHeartbeat.execute threw executing: AutoTracing counter resetter

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.wily.introscope.agent.trace.intelligent.SustainabilityMetricsHelper.reportAutoTracingSustainabilityMetricsClamped(SustainabilityMetricsHelper.java:167)

at com.wily.introscope.agent.trace.intelligent.AutoTracingClampHelper.resetCounter(AutoTracingClampHelper.java:30)

at com.wily.introscope.agent.trace.intelligent.AutoTracingCounterResetter.ITimestampedRunnable_execute(AutoTracingCounterResetter.java:15)

at com.wily.util.heartbeat.IntervalHeartbeat$BehaviorNode.execute(IntervalHeartbeat.java:972)

at com.wily.util.heartbeat.IntervalHeartbeat.executeNextBehaviorAndCalculateSleepTime(IntervalHeartbeat.java:491)

at com.wily.util.heartbeat.IntervalHeartbeat.access$2(IntervalHeartbeat.java:445)

at com.wily.util.heartbeat.IntervalHeartbeat$HeartbeatRunnable.run(IntervalHeartbeat.java:668)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

and the node doesn't appear in treeview in Investigator, and I don't have any clue about it.

Any suggestion will be appreciate.

Thanks in advance.-

• 2.  Re: pbd runtime error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2016 03:28 PM

Hi, it would help to have the autoprobe and agent log uploaded here.

Do you have intelligent.pbd loading?

• 3.  Re: pbd runtime error

Posted Aug 10, 2016 03:51 PM

I really don´t know how to check if  intelligent.pbd is loading, is it placed in IntroscopeAgent.profile? and in the other hand I don't find how to upload the logs and they are so long for copy here

• 4.  Re: pbd runtime error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 10, 2016 04:08 PM

If you use the advanced editor link you will see "Attach" on the bottom right hand corner.

To see if intelligent.pbd is being instrumented, look at the directives in your agent profile and see from there (generally a typical or full pbl) if its being added in.

• 5.  Re: pbd runtime error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 11, 2016 04:06 AM

You don't put the class you want to identify in quotes, so you should change from

IdentifyClassAs: "com.client.math.MathWSClient" customMathClient

to

IdentifyClassAs: com.client.math.MathWSClient customMathClient

I would expect you are getting a general AutoProbe failure, and when AutoProbe fails you get errors about smart/intelligent instrumentation because if you don't have AutoProbe running at all, you can't do smart instrumentation either

Check the agent log for messages about "Invalid settings" for AutoProbe, it should point to something.

As Matt said, if you can upload IntroscopeAgent and AutoProbe log, we can take a look.

• 6.  Re: pbd runtime error
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 11, 2016 10:37 AM

Ok people, thanks for your support, finally I found the error, I had put the .pbd in hotdeploy and also too in agent profile, I guess it makes a colission so at first I removed pbd file from hotdeploy and restart server and it worked, then I removed from agent profile and put it on hotdeploy and it work too, so it can't stay in both places at same time.

Thanks again.-

Regards.-

• 7.  Re: pbd runtime error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 11, 2016 10:46 AM

Great to hear Osvaldo:

Marking as answered and a success

Thanks

Hal German