DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

• 1.  ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Posted May 31, 2016 08:32 PM

I have Domains created. I am trying to add/show ADA Metrics (ADA extension for APM installed - ADA Connector) from SuperDomain into one of the Domains I've created. I went into "agentclusters.xml" file and input the following syntax:

<agent-cluster name="ADA Metrics for HCM Servers" domain="SuperDomain" tgtDomain="PeopleSoft">

<agent-specifier>.*\xx.xx.xx.xx\|ADAExtensionforAPM\|ADA Connector</agent-specifier>

<metric-specifier>Servers\|hostname_xx.xx.xx.xx\|.*</metric-specifier>

</agent-cluster>

My ADA Connector looks like this:

the agent-specifier IP which I've shown above as xx.xx.xx.xx is the one I've blacked out in the screenshot above.

The metric-speicifier syntax shows as Servers\|hostname_xx.xx.xx.xx\|.*

But my domain shows:

no data is showing from ADA Connector metrics like is should (shown below)

The blackedout line is the hostname_xx.xx.xx.xx

Thanks in advance for your help.

Manish

• 2.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 03:40 PM

Hi Manish

Here is an example - How to make supportability metrics available from custom domains
    http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1844696.aspx

Thanks

Yanna

• 3.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 05:27 PM

Hi Manish:

Please let us know if Yanna's suggestion was of any help or if further assistance is needed

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Posted Jun 01, 2016 06:45 PM

So, I followed the doc that Yanna provided in the link and still not able to get ADA Metric to show. Here is my syntax

<agent-cluster name="ADA Metrics for HCM Servers" domain="SuperDomain" tgtDomain="PeopleSoft">

<agent-specifier>(.*)\|(.*)\|ADAExtensionforAPM\|ADA Connector</agent-specifier>

<metric-specifier>Servers\|vahnunxspps001(.*):(.*)</metric-specifier>

</agent-cluster>

and under Superdomain, the actual metric tree looks like this:

SuperDomain*|xx.xx.xx.xx|ADAExtensionforAPM|ADA Connector|Servers|vahnunxspps001_xx.x.xx.xx

• 5.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Posted Jun 01, 2016 06:47 PM

Just to show you the entire tree......

pretend hat "GLDAS62037" = "vahnunxspps001"

• 6.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 07:19 PM

Hi Manish,

Can you please check for ERRORs in the ADAConnector.log.

A year ago I worked a case where a ":" in the ADA Network Name caused a parsing exception. That was for 9.7 and the fix should be in 10.1

Regards,

Lynn

• 7.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Posted Jun 01, 2016 07:27 PM

Lynn_Williams - yes there are ERRORs but don't think they are related to this issue:

6/01/16 02:43:07.138 PM EDT [ERROR] [pool-252-thread-7] [ADAConnector] Networks|AB-NJ01_NJ_xx.xx.xx.xx/xx:

6/01/16 02:43:07.138 PM EDT [ERROR] [pool-252-thread-7] [ADAConnector] EnhancedMetricsByTime - Caught Exception: ; nested exception is:

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

AxisFault

faultCode: {http://www.w3.org/2003/05/soap-envelope}Server.userException

faultSubcode:

faultString: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

faultActor:

faultNode:

faultDetail:

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}stackTrace:java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.doConnect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:339)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:200)

at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:182)

at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:391)

at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:579)

at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor27.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at org.apache.axis.components.net.DefaultSocketFactory.create(DefaultSocketFactory.java:153)

at org.apache.axis.components.net.DefaultSocketFactory.create(DefaultSocketFactory.java:120)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.getSocket(HTTPSender.java:191)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.writeToSocket(HTTPSender.java:404)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:138)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)

at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)

at com.wily.apm.sa.connector.webservice.generated.SuperAgentWSSoap12Stub.enhancedMetricsByTime(SuperAgentWSSoap12Stub.java:2209)

at com.wily.apm.sa.connector.webservice.SuperAgentWSSoap12Client$EnhancedMetricsTask.run(SuperAgentWSSoap12Client.java:682)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722)

{http://xml.apache.org/axis/}hostname:txanunxlapmp008.us.baesystems.com

java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out

at org.apache.axis.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:101)

at org.apache.axis.transport.http.HTTPSender.invoke(HTTPSender.java:154)

at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)

at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)

at org.apache.axis.client.AxisClient.invoke(AxisClient.java:165)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invokeEngine(Call.java:2784)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2767)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2443)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:2366)

at org.apache.axis.client.Call.invoke(Call.java:1812)

at com.wily.apm.sa.connector.webservice.generated.SuperAgentWSSoap12Stub.enhancedMetricsByTime(SuperAgentWSSoap12Stub.java:2209)

at com.wily.apm.sa.connector.webservice.SuperAgentWSSoap12Client$EnhancedMetricsTask.run(SuperAgentWSSoap12Client.java:682)

Yanna - I think these ERRORs are pertaining to the other case we have open for quite some time . I will upload the logs to that case.

• 8.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 01, 2016 07:59 PM

Manish,

If you revert the change to agentclusters.xml do you get the ADA data visible?

That would tell us if the problem is related to that config or something more general with missing data.

Thanks

Lynn

• 9.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 07:52 AM

Hi Manish:

Did Lynn's last suggestion help resolve the issue?

Thanks

Hal German

• 10.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Posted Jun 02, 2016 11:27 AM

Lynn_Williams - I don't think the ADACollector log ERRORs are related to the agentclusters.xml configuration. These ERRORs are something I've been dealing with for the past 3-4 months and already have a case open with Yanna

• 11.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Posted Jun 02, 2016 12:20 PM

Lynn_Williams - those ERRORs are no longer there after I added the below property to ADAConnector's properties file

com.wily.apm.adaconnector.smartstorfeed.interval=15000

So, getting back to the agentclusters.xml file..........I am still not sure where I am stuck with ADA Metrics not showing.

• 12.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 06:00 PM

Hi Manish,

Did you confirm that backing out the agentclusters.xml file customisation allows the data to be visible?

Thanks

Lynn

• 13.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Posted Jun 02, 2016 06:17 PM

I actually added another set of Metrics and that worked successfully. So, I don't think it the agentclusters.xml file that the issue. Something about that ADAConnector Metrics is not being liked by the xml file.

• 14.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2016 06:34 PM

Lynn_Williams Hallett_German Yanna

I figured it out and resolved it...........YAY !!!!

Instead of

<agent-specifier>(.*)\|(.*)\|ADAExtensionforAPM\|ADA Connector</agent-specifier>

</agent-cluster>

I used

<agent-specifier>(.*)\|ADAExtensionforAPM\|ADA Connector</agent-specifier>

</agent-cluster>

And now it works like a charm

PHEW

Thanks everyone for you help

• 15.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 06:37 PM

Hi Manish,

I was just about reply with same advice that you had too many wildcard nodes at the start of the agent-specifier

Great minds

Glad to hear you found it.

Regards,

Lynn

• 16.  Re: ADA Metrics into Custom Metric Process (Virtual)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 02, 2016 06:47 PM

Your happiness Manish is our happiness :-) Thanks for sharing the resolution. This will help someone else in teh future.