DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA APM Reports

Posted Nov 23, 2016 07:42 AM

is  possible put calculate value from calculators into the any report?

• 2.  Re: CA APM Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2016 07:58 AM

Please clarify your question: are you wanting to add values from a module calculator or JavaScript calculator to a report?

In either case, that is possible. You just need to include them in your report template.

• 3.  Re: CA APM Reports

Posted Nov 23, 2016 09:22 AM

Hi Haruhiko Davis

In my case I wanted to incorporate a value from a module calculator (related to a metric grouping). And in the report editor, report objects can only be associated with a metric grouping. The graph of the metrics of each metric grouping was not totally me useful and wanted to put the total value or average as the case. Notwithstanding the above, I could get to the same thing by configuring a table object and displaying a single or average value.

Thanks for your response

• 4.  Re: CA APM Reports
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2016 02:16 PM

What you want to do is, go to your calculator and get the name you gave to the Destination.  Go to the Investigator and search on that name from the top level.  Once you find it in the Custom Metric Agent (Virtual), right click on it and create a metric group and give it a unique name.  Then open your report editor and add that new metric group into the report.

• 5.  Re: CA APM Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2016 02:31 PM

Hi Fernando:

Was Matt's answer helpful? Did doing as he suggested get you closer to implementing your requirement?

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: CA APM Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 09:35 AM

Hi Fernando:

I saw no responses to Matt's suggestion. So marking as answered. You may post additional questions as needed.

Thanks

Hal German