DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  missing 1 pmi metric

Posted Apr 21, 2016 06:32 AM

Hi,

do you have please any idea why we see all the enabled PMI metrics, except 1 (JDBC connection pools:fault count) that's enabled as well ?

the server and the nodeagent was restarted, but didnt help.

pmi-missing1a.pngpmi-missing1b.png

thank you,

stefan

• 2.  Re: missing 1 pmi metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2016 08:22 AM

Hi Stefan:

Looking at the docs, I see this:

• JDBC and JCA connection pools—Connection pool Metrics include the average size of a connection pool, the number of connections, the average number of threads waiting for a connection, the average wait time in milliseconds for a connection, and the average time for the connection.

So it is not there by default if that list is complete.

Including musma03 DavidLewis Lynn_Williams to comment further

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: missing 1 pmi metric

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 21, 2016 11:35 AM

Hi Stefan,

What version is this?  Was it an upgrade?

It seems like in later versions, FaultCount was moved from connectionPoolModule | FaultCount to connectionPoolModule | connectionPoolModule.faults

Regards,
    Matt

• 4.  Re: missing 1 pmi metric

Posted Apr 25, 2016 09:41 AM

Hi Stefan,

try to check in the PMI browser in your WebSphere admin interface if the metric is there, if it's not available as a actual messurepoint in the websphere admin console it will not end up in CA APM either. An other point could be that some of the metrics are not reported when they dont have a count, again something to verify with the metric browser in the admin console.

• 5.  Re: missing 1 pmi metric
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 26, 2016 02:29 AM

gents, im sorry for this beginner's mistake, but the agent was clamped and the user i was logged in under, couldnt see the admin console. pardon me.

stefan