DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CEM and web services transactions

Posted Feb 19, 2016 04:46 AM
      |   view attached

Hello Team

I discovered one transaction signature using CEM transaction discovery (is not possible to use recording session ).

This transaction originates from web services SOAP request, so contains a POST parameter with the SOAP envelope in the parameter body (see the attached picture).

As you can see, the URL path is always the same but the method invoked is contained into the XML body.

So that, I want to promote this transaction signature to different Business Transactions specializing them based on a specific XML tag.

Anyone know how can I do this when use transaction discovery?

Regards

Antonello

• 2.  Re: CEM and web services transactions
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2016 07:32 AM

Hi Antonello:

You mentioned that you are unable to use recording session (aka advanced recorder) . From my experience that is the recording mechanism that gives the greatest flexibility with xml. I wonder if using a plugin to parse the XML information may give you the most possibilities

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: CEM and web services transactions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2016 07:58 AM

I think the XML parsing capabilities in a transaction definition are limited using Transaction Discovery.

• 4.  Re: CEM and web services transactions

Posted Feb 19, 2016 09:38 AM

So if I understand, you say that using transaction discovery, the native CEM XML parsing is limited so in this case the solution is to use a custom plugin to parse the XML.

it is correct?

Regards

Antonello

• 5.  Re: CEM and web services transactions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2016 09:42 AM

Hi Antonello:

That is my understanding. There is an XML Plugin that global delivery supports that may help. CoreyCohen created it so including him

• 6.  Re: CEM and web services transactions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 21, 2016 02:36 PM
      |   view attached

I don't think the old XML Plugin is in the Community Documents so I uploaded a copy I have here

Attachment(s)

zip
    XML_CemJavaPlugin1.1.zip   5 KB 1 version

• 7.  Re: CEM and web services transactions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 17, 2017 06:06 PM

Slightly later version with readme & screenshots below (thanks Guenter_Grossberger)

This version will show the XML request payload (not response)

CEM_XML_Java_Plugin_1.4.zip