DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA APM stops reporting few Backend metrics from JBoss agent.

Posted Oct 31, 2016 01:09 PM

Hi Team,

CA APM stops reporting few Backend metrics from JBoss agent(Linux). We have a metric for example "System abcd-qa.dx.com on port 16015" is reporting under Backends for one of our JBoss agent. Recently they swapped in a new library(jbossws-native 3.3.1) and after a restart the above backend metric is stopped reporting. I've also verified there is no metric clamp for this agent/collector. I dont see any error related to this in agent log file. Please advice.

Our Environment:

CA APM Version 9.5 with 5 Collectors and EM(Linux).

Thank You!

Best Regards,

Thamil

• 2.  Re: CA APM stops reporting few Backend metrics from JBoss agent.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2016 01:30 PM

Hi:

Depending on the critical of this issue, opening a case may be the faster path to resolution since no clamping and no messages in the agent log (and the application server log as well?)

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: CA APM stops reporting few Backend metrics from JBoss agent.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2016 01:35 PM

We were only supporting CXF using an unsupported Communications Tracer for 9.x. The tracer may not have support for this version, so it's either going to be an enhancement request or upgrading your environment and agents to 10.x.

Again, please take a look at the Communications Tracer README to see what versions it supports and what version is supported OOTB with APM 10.x.

• 4.  Re: CA APM stops reporting few Backend metrics from JBoss agent.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2016 02:29 PM

The socket metrics come from Java instrumentation, if you have a native library for socket communication, it won't be able to be instrumented so that is why the metrics could disappear.

• 5.  Re: CA APM stops reporting few Backend metrics from JBoss agent.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 01, 2016 09:18 AM

I see no follow-up posts. So marking as answered. You are welcome to ask additional questions if needed. If you open a case, please post the resolution so others can learn what to do.

Thanks

Hal German