DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  APM WebView Regular Expression does not pull values correctly

Posted Jul 22, 2015 01:00 PM

Working on an interesting issue we are encountering with the APM WebView. When you put a Regular Expression search string into the Investigator tab of WebView and search the SuperDomain, it returns everything EXCEPT values for that string (see screenshot below)

Values 1.png

We have found a workaround for this - simply clicking onto any of the other groups, then back to SuperDomain, makes it load the values. Subsequent clicks of "Go" update the data as normal. We have duplicated this problem in IE, Chrome, and FireFox, and it only appears to occur with the SuperDomain; searching further down the tree appears to work normally.

My guess is it has to do with the volume of data being searched/called? I saw the release note about regular expression being slow... except in this case, it never returns unless you click off of SuperDomain and then back to it, even if you wait several minutes. However, using the workaround above, it returns within a few seconds.

Is there a fix for this?

• 2.  Re: APM WebView Regular Expression does not pull values correctly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 23, 2015 12:16 PM

Hi Kittamaru,

I would suggest test the problem in workstation investigator also. If you observe same issue, please open a case with CA APM support team so that our CA APM support team can investigate this further.

Thanks, Amir

• 3.  Re: APM WebView Regular Expression does not pull values correctly

Posted Jul 23, 2015 01:17 PM

My apologies - I forgot to add that this problem does not appear to occur at all in Workstation - only in the WebView.

• 4.  Re: APM WebView Regular Expression does not pull values correctly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:35 AM

Hi Kittamaru,:

Which release are you running of WebView?  I see this KB that may help

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec593251.aspx

Does any exception in the WebView logs? As Amir said, please consider opening up a Support Case so we can investigate further

Thanks

Hal German

APM SUpport

• 5.  Re: APM WebView Regular Expression does not pull values correctly

Posted Jul 27, 2015 12:21 PM

Webview 9.6 - at present all our software is 9.6

Much obliged!

• 6.  Re: APM WebView Regular Expression does not pull values correctly

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 12:50 PM

Dear Kittamaru:

I looked at the APM  9.7-10 release notes. There didn't see anything specific but this seemed interesting for APM 9.6:

Defect 85272 - WebView Issue with Upgrade

Valid for: CA APM 9.6, 9.7, WebView

Symptom:

If you are upgrading to 9.6, the new WebView “Home Page” displays several charts and alert statuses

that were defined in the management module Triage Map Configurations of the previous APM

releases. The older module file, TriageMapConfigurationsManagementModule.jar, is not overwritten

during the upgrade process.

Please open a case to pursue further

Thanks

Hal German

APM Support