DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  JMX for JBOSS Datasources and WebContainers

Posted Mar 16, 2016 10:51 AM

Hello Community,

I am trying to get JMX metrics for Oracle JDBC Datasources and for WebContainer thread

I have enabled succesfully the JMX module and also got all the mbeans using the value

com.wily.use.platform.mbeanserver=true

com.wily.introcope.agent.jmx.syncWithAllMbeanServersForcibly=true

But after a while I get errors like:

3/16/16 03:49:58 PM CET [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.JMX Service] JMX data unavailable for JMX|jboss.as|data-source=ExampleDS|subsystem=datasources:backgroundValidationMillis, this may be a transient failure

3/16/16 03:49:58 PM CET [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.JMX Service] JMX data unavailable for JMX|jboss.as|data-source=ExampleDS|subsystem=datasources:idleTimeoutMinutes, this may be a transient failure

3/16/16 03:49:58 PM CET [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.JMX Service] JMX data unavailable for JMX|jboss.as|data-source=ExampleDS|subsystem=datasources:blockingTimeoutWaitMillis, this may be a transient failure

3/16/16 03:49:58 PM CET [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.JMX Service] JMX data unavailable for JMX|jboss.as|data-source=ExampleDS|subsystem=datasources:useTryLock, this may be a transient failure

3/16/16 03:49:58 PM CET [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.JMX Service] JMX data unavailable for JMX|jboss.as|data-source=ExampleDS|subsystem=datasources:preparedStatementsCacheSize, this may be a transient failure

3/16/16 03:49:58 PM CET [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.JMX Service] JMX data unavailable for JMX|jboss.as|data-source=ExampleDS|subsystem=datasources:minPoolSize, this may be a transient failure

3/16/16 03:49:58 PM CET [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.JMX Service] JMX data unavailable for JMX|jboss.as|data-source=ExampleDS|subsystem=datasources:maxPoolSize, this may be a transient failure

3/16/16 03:49:58 PM CET [DEBUG] [IntroscopeAgent.JMX Service] JMX data unavailable for JMX|jboss.as|data-source=ExampleDS|subsystem=datasources:allocationRetryWaitMillis, this may be a transient failure

Do you know how to solve the issue or at least the name of the bean to monitor?

Thanks

Luca Razzi

• 2.  Re: JMX for JBOSS Datasources and WebContainers

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 12:06 PM

Hello Luca,

If it's just a case of knowing what should be visible, you should use another JMX viewer like JConsole or JVIsualVM and attach to the Jboss process.

Depending on the JBoss version, there used to be a JMX console application that you could view but it does not appear to be available.

You can view reference information for data here:

Wildfly Model Reference

choosing the relevant model for your release of JBoss.

The messages you display are in DEBUG level, if you are getting all of the metrics you expect, you should not necessarily worry about DEBUG messages.

Is the ExampleDS data-source actually being used in your application anyway, it just tends to be a sample datasource..

Thanks,

David

• 3.  Re: JMX for JBOSS Datasources and WebContainers

Posted Mar 18, 2016 12:11 PM

Hi. Really i have to monitor an Oracle ucp datasource which is not provided by jboss. That s way i do noto get it througj jmx

What can i do to monitor this datasource?

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Huawei

• 4.  Re: JMX for JBOSS Datasources and WebContainers
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 12:39 PM

I don't think Oracle UCP is something we support directly in the product for any application server,

We would be tracing the JDBC communciations but not particularly the pool usage.

The below documentation could help to create custom instrumentation for pool usage

Universal Connection Pool for JDBC Developer's Guide - Contents

Hoping someone else can respond with better advice.

• 5.  Re: JMX for JBOSS Datasources and WebContainers

Posted Mar 18, 2016 02:31 PM

Ok thanks

Luca Razzi

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Huawei