DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Custom Attribute to show ADA Connector

Posted Jan 28, 2016 08:37 AM

Has anyone used the ADA Connector in APM 10.1?  How did you define your attribute rules to get these on the TEAM Dashboard?

Thanks. 

I tried (.*)\|(.*)\|ADA Connector  and it did not pull any affected components.

• 2.  Re: Custom Attribute to show ADA Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2016 07:42 AM

Hi Patrick:

This may be a specialized question and an a quick answer may not be forthcoming. Including Hiko_Davis Guenter_Grossberger Lynn_Williams   CoreyCohen  to see if an initial answer can be provided

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: Custom Attribute to show ADA Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2016 07:45 AM

CoreyCohen Guenter_Grossberger

Is this now being handled as a PWP by GD, or is it still a FieldPack?

• 4.  Re: Custom Attribute to show ADA Connector

Posted Jan 29, 2016 07:52 AM

I"m hoping to get this resolved and march forward to attempt to integrate Nastel next

• 5.  Re: Custom Attribute to show ADA Connector
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2016 08:30 AM

That's not how team center works.  The ADA data is not instance level, it's a 5 minute snapshot in time of the TCP/IP level communication between resources.  Team Center is really following individual transactions and not correlating data.   You would need an element on the Map to "hold" the non-transactional metrics and this element would not be "connected" to the transaction flow other than potentially sharing attributes so you can group them with a perspective.  This can be done with some ingenuity and the EPAgent.   

We are investigating the right way to represent non-transactional resource data in Team Center, but I can't commit to when that will be in the product.

• 6.  Re: Custom Attribute to show ADA Connector

Posted Jan 29, 2016 08:34 AM

Thank you that puts this to rest

• 7.  Re: Custom Attribute to show ADA Connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2016 09:10 AM

Patrick:

I am glad that you were able to get an answer. Thank you CoreyCohen for a timely and helpful response

Hal German