DX Application Performance Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

• 1.  May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Sep 06, 2016 08:12 AM

Hi All,

May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents and others agents.

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 2.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Sep 09, 2016 12:29 AM

Hi Team,

Please help me for this.

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 3.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Sep 09, 2016 10:54 AM

Have you implemented APM Customer Experience Manager (CEM)? This was the recommended approach in the past. There was even a Siebel application type when defining your application details and Siebel examples for user and session identifiers.

There used to be a SARM field pack but I have not been able to locate any details.

You could consider scripting an EPAgent plugin to leverage something like the SARM Query tool output. 

Bookshelf v8.1/8.2: About the Siebel ARM Query Tool  

Another option might be to use an EPAgent log reader plugin to parse those logs. 

Another option might be to use an EPAgent to pull JMX metrics.

Bookshelf v8.1/8.2: About the Siebel Management Framework API Methods 

• 4.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Sep 12, 2016 01:24 AM

Hi Janelle,

Thanks for reply .I will check with EPAgent and If any power pack available.

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 5.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2016 12:36 PM

Hi Vinay:

I do have a copy of the SARM field pack that shaja15 mentions as well as the associated docs. This was mostly documented in 2006. So 10 years later, I am not sure if it will work at all. The last person that I know to use it was JMertin

Going the EPAgent route may be the better approach

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Sep 12, 2016 01:24 AM

Hi Hallett,

Thanks for reply .I will check with EPAgent and If any power pack available.

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 7.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 12, 2016 07:47 AM

Thanks Vinay. Please feel free to share how you end up with using an EP Agent.

• 8.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Oct 21, 2016 09:04 AM

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.How we can enable SARM monitoring with CA APM.Is there any power pack ?

Is SARM should be enable to get performance data else any other way to achieve Siebel application   performance data  ?

Regards

Vinay

• 9.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2016 09:37 AM

Hi Vinay:

Other than old CEM-SARM integration, I know of nothing on the Introscope side for field packs. Including JMertin Hiko_Davis Guenter_Grossberger to add anything to this post.

Thanks

Hal German

• 10.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:26 AM

The thing with the SARM stuff, you need to activate a light debugging level on the SARM side. 

Also, SARM is just a "screenshot"-type extraction triggered by the evidence-collection capability of the CEM side. It will happen 4 times total, and that's it. So the collected evidence is very sparse.

• 11.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:35 AM

The Introscope 8 solution was EPA-based and can pull data from SARM data. Since we have no recent development with it, customers can try it at their own risk. Any enhancements will go through normal channels and prioritization.

• 12.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 21, 2016 10:50 AM

Thanks Joerg and Hiko. From these answers, it would sound best to develop a new solution possibly with Professional Services' assistance to provide APM-SARM functionality

• 13.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Oct 24, 2016 03:12 AM

Hi All,

Thank you so much...

Regards

Vinay Nayak

• 14.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:31 AM

For some reason, this thread slipped past me a month ago, but I have actually used the SARM EPAgent fieldpack more recently.  In fact, not more than a few months ago.  It still works just fine.

• 15.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Jan 02, 2017 07:35 AM

Hi Tim, thanks for the info, but nowadays where could I download SARM EPAgent?

We are installing Siebel IP16 and would like to know which info is provided and if could be interesting to have Siebel monitorized with this EPA agent.

Thanks a lot in advance, best regards

Vicente

• 16.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 02, 2017 02:48 PM

Hi Vicente,

Tim_McGaughey posted the SARMBridge Field Pack download on a later thread started by Vinay nayak1985:

https://communities.ca.com/message/241941977?commentID=241941977#comment-241941979 

Regards,

Lynn

• 17.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2017 08:05 AM

Hi Vicente:

Were you able to get the Field Pack that Lynn mentioned?

Thanks

Hal German

• 18.  Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Feb 15, 2018 07:53 AM

Hi Hallett,

one year later (sorry)  and the answer is yes, I could download the Field Pack. If I could implement it I will inform in the community.

Thanks and regards

Vicente

• 19.  RE: Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Posted Sep 09, 2019 04:29 PM
    Hal:

I'd like to get this Siebel field pack.  Do you have a fresh link (post merger) ?

Thanks,
    Mike.

------------------------------
    Chief Architect, Infrastructure
    ADP

• 20.  RE: Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 09, 2019 04:37 PM
    Not finding in Github. Sorry
    Hal

• 21.  RE: Re: May i get some good ideas and documents for Siebel monitoring from EP agents.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 30, 2019 03:26 AM
    Hey Michael,
    We'll check on the backend, but we've been telling customers to use JMX for the monitoring for visibility.

Custom Solution Architect
    Broadcom