DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Does the PowerPack for Oracle support RAC? Version 10.1.0.15 deploy script is using the v$ tables and not the GV$ tables so will presumably only show one of the instances.

Posted Jan 08, 2016 06:40 AM
    /*######################################################################*/
    /*#                                                                     */
    /*#  CA (tm) Introscope(R) PowerPack(tm) for Oracle(R) Databases    */
    /*# Database User Privileges                                            */
    /*#   Version: 10.1.0.15                      */
    /*#   Build: 990014                   */
    /*# CA Wily Introscope(R) Version 10.1.0 Build 990014   */
    /*# Copyright (c) 2015 CA. All Rights Reserved.   */
    /*# Introscope(R) is a registered trademark of CA.   */
    /*######################################################################*/

CREATE USER webteam_ro identified by webteam_ro

DEFAULT TABLESPACE users

QUOTA UNLIMITED ON users;

GRANT CONNECT TO webteam_ro;

CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_ROLLSTAT_TEMP   NOLOGGING    AS SELECT gets, waits FROM V$ROLLSTAT;  ---  No reference to which instance in the RAC.
    CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_SGA_TEMP   NOLOGGING    AS SELECT name, value FROM V$SGA;
    CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_ROWCACHE_TEMP   NOLOGGING    AS SELECT getmisses, gets FROM V$ROWCACHE;

CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_LIBRARYCACHE_TEMP    NOLOGGING    AS SELECT namespace, gethitratio FROM V$LIBRARYCACHE;

CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_LIBRARYCACHE_TEMP1    NOLOGGING    AS SELECT reloads, pins FROM V$LIBRARYCACHE;

CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_SQLAREA_TEMP   NOLOGGING    AS SELECT users_opening FROM V$SQLAREA;
    CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_SQLAREA_TEMP1   NOLOGGING    AS SELECT sharable_mem, executions FROM V$SQLAREA;

CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_DB_OBJECT_CACHE_TEMP    NOLOGGING    AS SELECT sharable_mem FROM V$DB_OBJECT_CACHE;

CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_SESSTAT_TEMP   NOLOGGING    AS SELECT sid, statistic#, value FROM V$SESSTAT; 
    CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_STATNAME_TEMP   NOLOGGING    AS SELECT statistic#, name, class, stat_id  FROM V$STATNAME;
    CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_FILESTAT_TEMP   NOLOGGING    AS SELECT phyrds, phywrts, file# FROM V$FILESTAT;

CREATE TABLE webteam_ro.APM_OPP_DBA_DATA_FILES_TEMP    NOLOGGING    AS SELECT file_id, tablespace_name, file_name FROM dba_data_files

• 2.  Re: Does the PowerPack for Oracle support RAC? Version 10.1.0.15 deploy script is using the v$ tables and not the GV$ tables so will presumably only show one of the instances.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 10, 2016 05:30 PM

Hi Dave,

Yes with the Oracle PowerPack is no support OOTB for Oracle RAC.

Using this document I recently added to the Community I think you should be able to get it work using a RAC TNS_ALIAS:

Using the APM PowerPack for Oracle with the Oracle JDBC OCI driver & TNSNames Alias Syntax

Hope it helps

Lynn

• 3.  Re: Does the PowerPack for Oracle support RAC? Version 10.1.0.15 deploy script is using the v$ tables and not the GV$ tables so will presumably only show one of the instances.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2016 06:45 PM

Hi Dave,

Sorry just getting the connection setup to Oracle RAC is not going to help you due to the Global Views (GV$) you want to get the data from

There used to a CA Professional Services Field Pack version of the OraclePP that did support RAC. Hiko_Davis may know more.

Regards,

Lynn

• 4.  Re: Does the PowerPack for Oracle support RAC? Version 10.1.0.15 deploy script is using the v$ tables and not the GV$ tables so will presumably only show one of the instances.

Posted Jan 11, 2016 07:51 PM

Hi Lynn

I did try using the amended connection class to connect to each instance. I needed a separate oracle Id and tables etc on each instance as each instance contains its own v$ views just for that instance. Looks like the new jar was created with Java 1.8 and my servers run 1.7 so haven't got it to work.

Sent from my iPhone

• 5.  Re: Does the PowerPack for Oracle support RAC? Version 10.1.0.15 deploy script is using the v$ tables and not the GV$ tables so will presumably only show one of the instances.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2016 09:21 PM

Hi Dave,

Sorry my bad I did not compile with correct backward compatibility parameters.

I have uploaded new zip file to that post with new class & jar files.

However that is only going to give you OCI/TNS_ALIAS support and you would need the fieldpack confirmed by Hiko_Davis if you want the query changes.

Regards,

Lynn

• 6.  Re: Does the PowerPack for Oracle support RAC? Version 10.1.0.15 deploy script is using the v$ tables and not the GV$ tables so will presumably only show one of the instances.

Posted Jan 13, 2016 04:45 AM

Hi Lynn

Thanks for the updated jar. I have it working now. As a workaround to the RAC issue, I have a different user set up for each instance so that I can see the data for that instance.

Regards Dave.

• 7.  Re: Does the PowerPack for Oracle support RAC? Version 10.1.0.15 deploy script is using the v$ tables and not the GV$ tables so will presumably only show one of the instances.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 11, 2016 06:49 PM

Hi dave.newington,

We do have a fieldpack which was updated to support RAC option.

Please contact your CA Pre-sales or Services contact for details.

Lynn_Williams