DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

URL Groups to team center

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  URL Groups to team center

Posted 04-27-2016 02:51 AM

Hi,

When onboarding an application I prefer to define URL groups instead of business transactions in a first step because it is an easy and quick way to generate metrics for use cases/frontend components in a web application if I can identify a URL pattern in the application. As a bonus, I get backend usage by URL group, so it allows to identify if a certain frontend component in an application is, for example, making excessive use of a backend.

Is there any way to publish URL group metrics to team center?

regards,

Florian

• 2.  Re: URL Groups to team center

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 04-27-2016 01:39 PM

Hi Florian:

I am asking internally for someone to respond.

Thanks

Hal German

• 3.  Re: URL Groups to team center
    Best Answer

Posted 04-28-2016 03:31 AM

Hi Florian,

this is a great question and idea, but unfortunately there is no OOTB functionality or configuration that will publish the URL groups in Team Center at the moment.

There is a way of adding extra nodes (vertexes) to the map by writing an EM extension, maybe we could look into that. I'll contact you directly - then we can talk about this (and the other things you wrote to me about ).

Can you check something for me: Do you have any information about the URL group in the transaction traces? I can't remember if this information is decorated to the transaction trace.

In 10.2 we added a feature to automatically create business transactions (BTs) from the URLs detected by the Browser Agent. Although this is not exactly the same thing, it might help you in your situation.

BR,

Stig

• 4.  Re: URL Groups to team center

Posted 04-28-2016 04:33 AM

Hi Stig,

the URL group is a component in the transaction trace, if there is no business transaction it is usually the top component in the trace.

I'll create an idea for this if there is no support for it out of the box. Could be a valuable feature for us old-school Introscope folks.

regards,

Florian

• 5.  Re: URL Groups to team center

Posted 04-28-2016 05:05 AM

HAHA - I like the "old-scholars"

OK, that is great. With that information we should be able to extend the EM to actually show that node in the map. We should look into this!

Creating an idea is always good!!

Talk to you soon,

Stig