DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Has anyone setup APM PERFMON for Windows to monitor SQL Server OLAP or MSAS services

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Has anyone setup APM PERFMON for Windows to monitor SQL Server OLAP or MSAS services

Posted 01-25-2016 12:43 PM

I am running version 10.1 .NET Agent on a Windows 2012 server with SQL 2012 .  I want to be able to monitor the OLAP or MSAS services through PERFMON. I can capture SQL Server in the PERFMON metrics  by configuring in the agent profile file.

Here is my entry in the Introscope agent profile file:

introscope.agent.perfmon.metric.filterPattern=|Processor|*|*,|Memory|*,|PhysicalDisk|*|*,|LogicalDisk|*|*,|Network Interface|*|*,|MSAS11*|*|*,|SQLServer*|*|*,|MSOLAP*|*|*

I can see every except for the MSAS11 or MSOLAP metrics.

Any suggestions or help would be great..

Thanks!!!

• 2.  Re: Has anyone setup APM PERFMON for Windows to monitor SQL Server OLAP or MSAS services
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 01-25-2016 08:42 PM

First, you need to look at PerfMon to see how the counter groups are organized for MSAS & MSOLAP. It should be readily apparent as to how the counters are being presented so you can adjust your filterpattern accordingly.

You may also be running into an issue where you're hitting the metric limit from the PerfMonCollectorAgent. There is a property that can be adjusted to allow for more metrics. The default is 1000. Please set this in non-production to ensure you're not creating overhead on the system.

Last, but not least, ensure you can call the counters from a commandline. You may need to rebuild/reload the counters. Please check TechNet for details on this.

• 3.  Re: Has anyone setup APM PERFMON for Windows to monitor SQL Server OLAP or MSAS services

Broadcom Employee
    Posted 01-26-2016 08:47 AM

Hi Jeremy:

Let us know if Hiko answered your question or if there are issues that you wish to follow-up with.

Thanks

Hal German

• 4.  Re: Has anyone setup APM PERFMON for Windows to monitor SQL Server OLAP or MSAS services

Posted 01-26-2016 09:16 AM

Thanks for the answer.  Can you provide me with the commandline syntax to see if I can call the counters?  Hiko_Davis

• 5.  Re: Has anyone setup APM PERFMON for Windows to monitor SQL Server OLAP or MSAS services

• 6.  Re: Has anyone setup APM PERFMON for Windows to monitor SQL Server OLAP or MSAS services