DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Overview of TIM Evolution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 08, 2015 10:10 AM

Dear Team:

I am writing this up as a KB and decided to release early. Please let me know of any corrections or additions

Description:

This describes the different types of TIMs and their customer impacts.

Solution:

This is the evolution of the TIM:

First Generation:

- Through 4.x, TIM is a hardware appliance running Red Hat Linux. CA Technologies is responsible for system software and security updates

Second Generation:

- From 9.0.x through 9.5.x , TIM become TIMSoft running Red Hat Linux (software version only.) CA Technologies is responsible for system software and security updates. Recommendations on hardware are provided.

- From 9.1x through 9.5.x . For those wanting network information corresponding to the customer transactions, MTP Support was provided. This is a hardware appliance running CentOS.

Third Generation:

- From 9.6 onward, only the TIM Software is provided. Customer is responsible for system software and security updates. A non-MTP CentOS version is available.

- From 9.7 onward, a high-performance TIM which is the fastest of all the TIM types becomes available.

- From 9.6x onward . For those wanting network information corresponding to the customer transactions, MTP Support was provided. This is a faster hardware appliance than older MTP releases. It is running CentOS.

• 2.  Re: Overview of TIM Evolution

Posted Jun 08, 2015 12:06 PM

Hi Hal,

Great information. Let me know when the KB is posted. I will add a cross-reference link to this page in the APM product doc wiki.

Best regards,

Leslie

• 3.  Re: Overview of TIM Evolution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 09, 2015 04:44 PM

Dear Leslie:

The KB should be publically available tomorrow:

Thanks Hal

Evolution of the TIM  TEC1930474

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/TEC1930474.aspx

• 4.  Re: Overview of TIM Evolution

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 10, 2015 07:54 AM

KB is now available