do you have please any idea about the root cause of this warning message that's repeating every 5mins? and solution how to fix it?
7/30/15 04:32:25.017 PM CEST [WARN] [Harvest Engine Pooled Worker] [Manager.Agent] Duplicate or tardy metric value reported: SuperDomain|Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Process (Virtual)|Custom Metric Agent (Virtual)|Enterprise Manager|Analysis Server:Metric Format Time (ms) (time=95884449/last closed timeslice=95884449); ignoring
Please review and see if this KB applies. It lists MQ Metrics as a contributor.
"Duplicate or tardy metric value reported" message
could generally indicated the following:
1. That duplicate metrics were generated by duplicate instrumentation due
to duplicate pbd files or some java scripts.
2. That there were some connectivity problem between the EMs.
3. EM being overloaded
Please consider opening a case to research these further.
I found the "MOM_Infra_Monitoring_MM" and the collector.jar management modules very helpful with the duplicate harvest warning messages.
2. Pull the perf.log for your collectors and MOM and send them to CA Support. There is quite a bit of useful information within this log.
3. If you find that the tardy/dup metrics are coming only from one host/agent, then check that host to see if it has network bandwidth, cpu ad resources for the agent. While you are in there, check the system clock on the agent host against your collectors.
4. Depending on your agent/application/trace load, your collectors may not be able to handle and the processing queue gets backed up. There is a few settings on queue depth/size in the Enterprise manager configuration that might help.
5. Somewhere there is a performance check list, CA support will more than likely send you this when you open a ticket.
The main point here is to find out what agent and hopefully metric is tardy/duplication and then trace how that metric is reported. If it is from a Java Agent, then is highly advised to check your pbd files like Hal mentioned.
Connectivity problems, the infrastructure management modules are very helpful in tracing that down.
EM load, get the performance check list from CA Support. Last I saw the check list there was like eleven bullet points.
Hope this helps,
Thanks for your question, I am having a KB being created for a future reference.
We monitor MQ and this article solved our issue:
Document ID: TEC595225Last Modified Date: 8/2/2013ShowHide Technical Document Details
The EMService.log contain many messages "Duplicate or tardy metric value reported", for example:-
SuperDomain|*******|WebSphere|**********/**********Cluster_*******Node01|WebSphereMQ|Connector|mqseries_tst|mqsnttst|Queues|SERVICES.RESPONSE|Get:Concurrent Invocations (time=87239764/last closed timeslice=87239764); ignoring.
SuperDomain|*******|WebSphere|**********/**********Cluster_*******Node01|WebSphereMQ|Connector|mqseries_tst|*CA|Operations|Close:Concurrent Invocations (time=87298547/last closed timeslice=87298547); ignoring
The messages are reported against only those agents enabling the MQ metrics, and all such MQ metrics are aggregated ones (calculated inside of the MQAgent).
Please add this additional parameter to the EM properties file:
(the ERROR setting will prevent WARNING messages from appearing)
This is good to hear. We are actively updating and creating new knowledge documents every day