The App/http server is on Azure... and there is the main issue: they don't support a SPAN port.
I tried this way:
1. on the server (Windows 2012 Server) installed wireshark and captured the http traffic (filter: tcp.port == 80) from the exposed nic
2. on the tim installed a samba server and allowed the win server to write a pcap file with the captured http traffic
3. using an app called tcpreplay (Tcpreplay - Pcap editing and replaying utilities ) tried to inject this pcap file to the eth stablished to read the traffic on tim.
at this point some checks are done:
BUT when I stablish the autodiscovery transaction there is none.
I even tried to set a really simple html site, with few images and links to the server itself with no sucess.
I really need any help/advice/comments to get past this frontier set by Azure since several clients are migrating their apps to this platform.
Thanks in advance for any idea.
All the findings / Errors / Successes will be posted on this site and a document will all the credits and references will be published as well
There might be something specific about the content of the traffic that is causing the problem but below will be a good start for the troubleshooting:
1. Also enable the loopback interface on TIM (lo) for monitoring and replay the pcap back through that instead of the NIC you are currently have enabled.
If that is no help continue with these steps:
2. As you mentioned http/port 80 I assume you are not using https/ssl? If not using ssl install of web server private keys on TIM & using supported ciphers are not relevant to the problem
3. I would suggest
4. Use the TIM Recorder rather than ATD i.e. Recording Sessions -> New > Select Monitor Type of "TIMs", enter your client IP & hit Record to start
5. Execute the transaction and see if any recorded transactions become visible at the bottom of the page
6. If not you can view the tim log from the UI or direct via /opt/CA/APM/tim/logs/timlog.txt
7. If you need us to review in detail collect timlogs/config files (timlogs.data) from TIM Setup using "Collect Tim Log and Configuration files" (default top 3 options). If we cannot resolve easily here we may ask you to raise a support case.
Hope it helps
I'm uploading the files for further analysis. Also I'm including the performed steps as indicated by Lynn:
this is the tim data: Tim Data
If you want, we can perform a webex session
See my note under the documents link for proper use.At this point teh basic question has been answered and a case review is necessary
Sorry for the improper use of the attachment.. I didn't find a way to upload the file..
and yes.. I also opened a support case already.
You have a case with Francis and I am helping him. We are scheduled to meet today and can discuss things then
Were Lynn's answers helpful or is additional assistance needed?
I would need more help on this issue.
I see the tim is able to process packets when I play the pcap file.. but I don't know if as the packets are 1 day old this affect the tim to process or detect the transactions on it.