DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  FUSE ESB

Posted Feb 16, 2015 04:45 AM

Hi there,

We have FUSE ESB services to monitor individually with Blame point tracers...So how can this be achieved?

Do we have any kind of Power pack for that?

Thanks,

Harsh

• 2.  Re: FUSE ESB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2015 11:53 AM

Does it use Java? If so, then we should be able to run an agent within the container and expose the MBean metrics.

If we can't be inside the container, but access to the MBean server, then we can remotely poll server using a remote agent.

• 3.  Re: FUSE ESB

Posted Feb 17, 2015 06:04 AM

Hi Haruhiko,

Yes it uses Java..How this can be achieved please tell me in detail...

Thanks

Harsh

• 4.  Re: FUSE ESB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 17, 2015 11:03 AM

You are going to need to research how FUSE process starts and how you can alter the startup parameters.

Then you will need to determine if it uses a particular vendor's container or just straight Java. That will determine what Java agent you will deploy.

You will also want to read any reference materials about its MBean server implementation what are the best ones to monitor for performance.

• 5.  Re: FUSE ESB

Posted Feb 18, 2015 08:52 AM

Hi Haruhiko,

Thanks very much for the reply...

Looks like a tough job though...lets see how I can do this.

Thanks

Harsh

• 6.  Re: FUSE ESB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 18, 2015 09:27 AM
    It runs in JBOSS so it should not be too difficult. 

• 7.  Re: FUSE ESB

Posted Feb 19, 2015 04:52 AM

Hi Haruhiko,

I tried to find out the reference materials to monitor Mbeans,  but did not found any,

If you have any links or reference material on monitoring Mbeans then do share.

Will the "WebServiceAddon-July14.zip" will help me to get Blame Point metrics for each FUSE ESB services?

Thanks

Harsh

• 8.  Re: FUSE ESB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2015 10:41 AM
    Do a search for "fuse esb mbean reference."
    I came across two documents from RedHat on how to configure the MBean server and how to publish an MBEAN so that you subscribe to the published metrics.

• 9.  Re: FUSE ESB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 19, 2015 10:48 AM
    I don't know if the add on will help stitch the transactions through ESB.
    You will have to test it.

Now after all the things I've told you to do and you still can't figure it out, we do have a Field pack for Fuse ESB. It's not supported and you will need to go through your Account Manager in order to request it. If you need support for it, you will have to pay for services through our Global Delivery team. Again contact your account manager.

• 10.  Re: FUSE ESB

Posted Feb 23, 2015 08:36 AM

Hi Haruhiko,

I discussed this with my Account Manager, he wants to know the exact name of the Feild pack to ask CA team.

Also we would like to have a trial pack to check if the feild pack does suit our requirement or not.

Our requirement is to monitor each webservice of FUSE ESB with 5 Blame point tracers.

Thanks,

Harsha

• 11.  Re: FUSE ESB

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 23, 2015 11:01 AM
    Have your account rep contact me or another CA Services consultant or architect. We will point them in the right direction.