DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

CA Wily Introscope level compatible with Java 8

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  CA Wily Introscope level compatible with Java 8

Posted 08-18-2015 08:42 AM

Hi CA Experts,

I would like to know on what introscope level will be compatible with Java 8. We are now in Introscope 9.5.6.0 and Solman is on 7.1 SP 12. However our CA Wily Instroscope is not working for Java 8 and the webview is working only on Java 7 (1.7.0_67).

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Rachell

• 2.  Re: CA Wily Introscope level compatible with Java 8
    Best Answer

Posted 08-18-2015 08:49 AM

Hi Rachell,

APM 9.7 supports monitoring Java applications running in Java 8.

However we have no release at this stage of our Enterprise Manager or WebView that supports Java 8 so you should continue to use Java 7 for these until we confirm otherwise.

Normally it takes more than just changing the JVM to say you can use the next version of Java, there is often work required in our code to support the next version of Java.

Many thanks,

David

• 3.  Re: CA Wily Introscope level compatible with Java 8

Posted 08-18-2015 11:36 AM

Hi David,

Thanks for your response, would you know the plan date for the release of EM or WebView that is compatible with Java 8?

Regards,

Rachell

• 4.  Re: CA Wily Introscope level compatible with Java 8

Posted 08-18-2015 11:55 AM

Hi Rachell,

I'm honestly neither sure of the release nor the date so I cannot speculate on this.

I can only reiterate that it would not be supported to use Java 8 until we release the version that comes with Java 8.

Thanks,

David

• 5.  Re: CA Wily Introscope level compatible with Java 8

Posted 08-18-2015 12:11 PM

10 minutes ago the APM Office Hours: A Live Online Chat with Product Management [August 2015] finished which would have been perfect for your question