DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA apm_analysis_server data purging

Posted Dec 28, 2015 11:44 PM

Hi All,

We are using CA  apm_analysis_server.data base is pgsql.Can you please help me how we can purge the data and remove old data.Now database directory consumed more space.

version CAAnalysisServer9.5.0.0.

we are using linux platform.

I tested  Linux: <Analysis_server_home>/ctl/admin/prune_db.sh but not got susses.

Is there any way to purge data and delete old data.Please suggest me.

Regards

Vinay Nayak

Wipro

+918939999438

• 2.  Re: CA apm_analysis_server data purging

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 28, 2015 11:52 PM

Hi Vinay,

I am working with Ying ( zhoyi03 )  on the Support case you have raised for this

Regards,

Lynn

• 3.  Re: CA apm_analysis_server data purging
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2015 01:23 AM

Changed the user from root to postgres admin (casysadm for this customer), ran "source profile" under <Analysis_server_home>, then ran <Analysis_server_home>/ctl/admin/prune_db.sh successful.

• 4.  Re: CA apm_analysis_server data purging

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 29, 2015 04:27 AM

Excellent, thank you for sharing the resolution.

Please remember that you can feedback directly to the APM documentation team on any missing informaiton by adding a comment to the page, in this case:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-apm/10-1/en/installing/apm-application-behavior-analytics-installation-and-configuration/installing-and-configuring-apm-application-behavior-analytics

This will help us improve our documentation.

Thank you,

Sergio

• 5.  Re: CA apm_analysis_server data purging

Posted Dec 29, 2015 09:18 AM

Hi Vinnay,

Sergio helped me update the documentation with the following topic. This topic will appear after our next publication.

(Optional) Remove Excessive Application Behavior Analytics Prelert Data

The Application Behavior Analytics software contains a backend PostgreSQL database which grows in size over time. Schedule a cron job to execute <Analysis_server_home>/ctl/admin/prune_db.sh daily. This action prevents excessive disk space usage and maintains good performance.

Follow these steps:

1. (Linux only) Change the user from root to postgres admin, typically this value is caas.
    2. (Linux only) Source <Analysis_server_home>/profile, that is: $ . ./profile
    3. Use the following utility to prune data older than ten days in the database:
      Linux: <Analysis_server_home>/ctl/admin/prune_db.sh
      Windows: <Analysis_server_home>\ctl\admin\prune_db.bat
    4. Schedule the run nightly using Linux cron or Windows Task Manager, as appropriate. Use the account that installed the Application Behavior Analytics software.