DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  CA ASM monitors report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 20, 2015 03:32 PM

Hi friends,

My customer has an ASM account with multiple clients. As administrator, he is interesting on having a single report with the number of available vs total monitors on each of the client accounts.

Does anyone know if there is any status report about the number of available monitors across all client accounts? Is that information accessible via API from the parent account?

Thanks in advance

Regards

• 2.  Re: CA ASM monitors report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 11:45 AM

Hi Jose:

I am checking with the ASM Support folks to try and get you an answer

Thanks

Hal German

APM Support

• 3.  Re: CA ASM monitors report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 12:06 PM

Please, I appreciate

Regards

• 4.  Re: CA ASM monitors report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 01:08 PM

Dear Jose:

Please let us know if John's answer is sufficient or if you need further assistance

Thanks

Hal German

CA APM Support

• 5.  Re: CA ASM monitors report

Posted Jul 27, 2015 12:51 PM

Hi Jose,

If the customer's ASM account is the primary, and therefore is the actual owner of all the monitors, then reports could include any of the monitors under their account. They can use Tags to better include/exclude certain monitors in reports.

Hope this helps,

-John

• 6.  Re: CA ASM monitors report

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 01:38 PM

Hi John,

Thank you for your answer.

Let me explain further because maybe I didn't clear enough.

I am looking for a kind of report that counts the number of monitor per type (script, full-page, RBM, etc.), number of those consumed, etc. Similar to the Monitor Usage Overview under Monitors section.

This is ok when you want to report on one account. But my customer has an reseller account with 5 client. He would like to have a similar view including details of each client. Make sense?

Regards

• 7.  Re: CA ASM monitors report
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 27, 2015 02:27 PM

Hi Jose,

For you to do that, you would need 1 subaccount to be linked to multiple master accounts.  Currently this is not supported.  Only 1 subaccount can have 1 master account.

For this functionality, I invite you to open up an IDEA in the Communities here.

Thanks,
    Matt