Note this is revised as of 10/24 with more details
Recently RedHat has announced a security vulnerability in SSLv3 protocol, commonly referred to as ‘POODLE’. See the following link for information:
CA has determined TIM Admin UI application (TIM’s webserver) is impacted with this vulnerability. Additionally, communication between the CEM APM TIM appliance software and the CEM APM Enterprise Manager is affected if SSL communication is enabled between the two components.
Versionsaffected: All APM 9.x with CEM TIMsoft or TIM as Software.
Workaround(fix for Poodle):
Check & Disable SSLv3 on the TIM’s webserver with the following steps:
1) Run the following command on the TIM machine to see the successful handshake with SSL 3.0 protocol.
openssl s_client -connect <<TIM_IP>>:443 -ssl3
2) Open the file -/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf and add the following entry to disable SSL 2.0 & 3.0. Take a backup of this file in case of any issue in recovery.
SSLProtocol All -SSLv2 -SSLv3
3) Run the following commands to check that the configuration changes are correct and restart the httpd.
service httpd configtest
service httpd restart
4) Run the following command in TIM machine and the handshake failure error for SSL 3.0protocol appears:
openssl s_client -connect <<TIM_IP>>:443 –ssl3
5) Verify TIM is receiving requests from EM/TESS by running the following command in TIM environment:
tail -f /etc/httpd/logs/access_log
If SSL communication is enabled between the TIM and EM/TESS, then do the additional step – “Configure the APM Enterprise Manager to use TLS for communicating to the TIM software.”
To configure the APM Enterprise Manager to use TLS :
1) Add the following Java system property to the EM LAX file and restart the EM. This property should be set on the MOM andTIM Collection Service EM. CA strongly suggests making thischange on all Enterprise Managers to prevent issues if the TIM CollectionService needs to be moved between EMs in the cluster.
2) After the bouncing the EM (TCS collector one), verify TIM is receiving requests from EM/TESS by running the following command in TIMenvironment:
tail -f /etc/httpd/logs/ssl_access_log
Out of curiosity, would there be a Introscope manager property to set to enable only TLS (in theory we should be setting versions 1.1 or actually above) ?
Would you expect that the next manager/agent release v9.7 would have the crypto build without sslv2 nor sslv3 ?
APM 9.7 code is currently in "Beta" so there will not be any changes to the default Crypto. I expect we will re-evaluate this for a future release.
CA Technologies Product Management
>Out of curiosity, would there be a Introscope manager property to set to enable only TLS (in theory we should be setting versions 1.1 or actually above) ?
I could not find such a property in passing.
>Would you expect that the next manager/agent release v9.7 would have the crypto build without sslv2 nor sslv3 ?
I don't have any details if this is changed in 9.7.
CA Technologies APM Suppprt
because SSL v3 vulnerability, v3 will be disabled from webservers . I wonder what CEM can decrypt and monitor afterwards, since only TLS v1.0 is supported