DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

End to End Transaction Tracing

• 1.  End to End Transaction Tracing

Posted 07-16-2015 01:10 PM

Hi,

We have three frameworks- Fuse, Kana and Pirean. From frontend we call Kana apps like login, then the transaction goes to Pirean apps for authorisation, then to Fuse for integration and then to backend and vice versa.

Kana --> Pirean --> Fuse --> Database

If I look at one operation like login, then how should I trace all the transactions under login so that I can trace the exact time lag by the exact framework by using CA Introscope. Currently we are not using CEM.

• 2.  Re: End to End Transaction Tracing

Posted 07-29-2015 01:22 PM

Dear Pvpal:

Is this still an issue for you and you need assistance. Or have you found an answer?

Thanks

Hal German

APM Support

• 3.  Re: End to End Transaction Tracing

Posted 07-29-2015 04:15 PM

Hi Pvpal,

You can use Cross Process Transaction Tracing to achieve that.  See documentation below.

*Edit: Corrected link

Using Transaction Tracing in SOA Environments - CA Application Performance Management - 10.0 - CA Wiki

Thanks,
    Matt

• 4.  Re: End to End Transaction Tracing

Posted 07-29-2015 04:37 PM

How does the Transaction correlation functionality of WebSphere MQ apply to this scenario?

Thanks

Andreas

• 5.  Re: End to End Transaction Tracing

Posted 07-29-2015 04:41 PM

My apologies on that.  I wanted to link the guide for CPTT.  Didn't see that it was for MQ only.

Let me try to find the actual CPTT.

• 6.  Re: End to End Transaction Tracing

Posted 07-29-2015 04:45 PM

Ok found the correct link.

• 7.  Re: End to End Transaction Tracing

Posted 07-29-2015 06:05 PM

Perfect, Thanks! Let's see what communication we have in between the application layers and let's go from there...

• 8.  Re: End to End Transaction Tracing

Posted 07-29-2015 04:30 PM

What protocols is Kana and Pirean using? We have a solution for JBoss Fuse...